Looking Glass - Triage

I really think you missed my first post since it provides most of the things you just listed. Sorry if I’m missing something.

Sorry yes, I did miss the extra details, so used to people leaving them out.

Please try disabling pinned memory support:

looking-glass-client -o OpenGL:amdPinnedMem=0
1 Like

This fixes it, thank you!

No worries…

The OpenGL code really needs a complete re-write to use vertex buffers, etc… I was pretty green with OpenGL when I wrote that stuff. This is the very next thing on my list so that this newly added YUV420 support can be added as a GL shader.

If you think of something you could delegate to my basic opengl knowledge, I’m glad to help back.

@Dynamic_Gravity The AUR package seems to be working fine for me with the option provided by @gnif .

Hey everybody. New member. Glad to be here!

My system is powered by UNRAID. It runs a Windows VM and an Ubuntu VM concurrently, each with a dedicated Nvidia card (970FTW for Win, 760FTW for Ubuntu). Can I use Looking Glass to pass video from the Windows VM to the Ubuntu VM?

If it works from the AUR then you’re just fortunate it’s working atm. Lots of other people further up had it not working. Youre free to do what you want, but just keep that in mind so you don’t pull your hair out for no reason.

I would definitely seek out someone more knowledge on me than this,

but I am pretty sure it creates a buffer (or something) between host and guest, so I I don’t think you could pass to guest-to-guest,

(Like I said, don’t really know much about this, probably shouldn’t even be commenting, but figured I contribute)

EDIT:

Ignore what I said, heh.

Part of what makes looking glass different from what I understand is it’s not a remote desktop thing but actual memory sharing between GPUs. (As you need pci passthrough)

It is certainly possible, you need to give the Linux guest an IVSHMEM device that points to the same shared memory file, and then use the kernel module provided with looking glass. See:

1 Like

Does looking glass not do 144hz or am I missing something

you have to be able to sample at twice that

It depends on your resolution… I am working on a solution to the problem though.

Upon further investigation, it seems this one game in particular is acting weird. The game runs at about 50 ups and 200 fps, feeling horribly stuttery. Another game runs at 170 ups and 180 fps or so, which feels more or less around what I’d expect.

So is this my hardware bottlenecking, the game being funky or some bug in looking glass? Everything works fine viewed through an actual monitor.

What is your resolution? iirc LG is currently hitting a memory transfer bottle neck with higher resolutions and higher frame rates.

1920x1080, even tried 800x600 but got similar results.

Are you running with vsync disabled?? Looking Glass doesn’t work well without it.

Disabling/enabling vsync doesn’t make a difference.

Please show the client log.

[I]               main.c:716  | run                            | Looking Glass (a11-65-g13cd50f92c)
[I]               main.c:717  | run                            | Locking Method: Atomic
[I]               main.c:710  | try_renderer                   | Using Renderer: OpenGL
[I]               main.c:804  | run                            | Using: OpenGL
[I]               main.c:930  | run                            | Waiting for host to signal it's ready...
[I]             opengl.c:829  | pre_configure                  | Vendor  : NVIDIA Corporation
[I]             opengl.c:830  | pre_configure                  | Renderer: GeForce GTX 770/PCIe/SSE2
[I]             opengl.c:831  | pre_configure                  | Version : 4.6.0 NVIDIA 396.24
[I]               main.c:950  | run                            | Host ready, starting session
[I]             opengl.c:904  | configure                      | Using decoder: NULL

This?