After many months of hard work from our team, I am pleased to announce Beta 4 Release Candidate 1 which brings with it a huge number of improvements.
If you like this project and find it useful and would like to help out you can support this project directly by using the following platforms.
- SDL has been deprecated and is no longer needed to build the client
- Help overlay for EGL when the escapeKey is held
- Allow FPS display to be toggled at runtime with escapeKey+D
- added win:autoScreensaver which automatically disables screensaver when requested by applications in the guest
- VM->Host DMABUF support - Kernel Module — Looking Glass B4-rc1 documentation
- asynchronous Wayland clipboard transfers
- Release all keys when the client loses focus and prevent stuck keys when navigating away with window manager shortcuts. The old behavior can be restored with input:releaseKeysOnFocusLoss=no
- Wayland feature parity with X11, scaling support, and improved compatibility
- add an option to build with libdecor (-DENABLE_LIBDECOR=ON) for showing window decoration on GNOME Wayland
- open log from taskbar notification icon is re-added with better security
- improve cursor interactions with overlapping windows
- documentation is now generated using sphynx and is now available as part of the CI builds on the website.
- Fixed issue with large clipboard transfers failing
- DXGI is now the default capture interface, NvFBC is still available but must be selected via the host configuration file.
- DXGI CPU usage improved with smarter sleep timing in the frame thread
- Fix issue with parsing configuration files saved in UTF8 format (Windows)
- Client framebuffer copy performance improvements
- EGL fixed issue with textures getting overwritten during drawing
- OpenGL flickering issue fixed when not using a compositor
- Old/incorrect cursor shape on initial client connection fixed.