I found out that my local shop have some 5900x for 700€ and i am looking for a motherboard to get it with.
I work on linux full time, and in every MB review from L1T with the X570 it seam to have some issue with linux.
So i am asking to people who have them at home
I don’t have any budget, aside for the crazy 2k$. It will be more about “is it worth that much more”
- staying away from MSI
- Good driver support (bluetooth, audio lm-sensor
- Good WAL support
- Good power level support (sleep, deep sleep)
- Good Bios Fan-curve support, awesome would be External temp sensor header for watercooling
- enough space/slot for 2 GPU (triple slot) + 1/2 NVME + 1 2port 10GB sfp+
- good Iommu group to create a VM with the second GPU
- integrated io plate
- openrgb compatible
- good ram frequency support
- Good front audio
- dual bios with switch
- socketed bios
- intel nic
- 64 GB ram without downgrading speed (no idea if it’s possible on that CPu to go over 32Gb in single rank)
in my dream:
- 10GB Lan integrated (no need for the addin 10GB sfp+)
What issue i found out until now
- X570 AORUS Master
- SMBus issue
- ESS Sabre DAC issue (fix kernel 5.4.3 ?)
- X570 Aorus Xtreme
- Bios issue with NVME
- Asrock X570 Taichi
- Iommu issue with sata and only 2 pci
- Asrock X570 Taichi Razer
- Killer driver issue
- iommu ??
- missing ECC option in bios
- X570 Creator
- Bios issue
- was not recommended on the review.
Do you have any good recommendation ?
No hack or “it work most of the time” accepted since this will be a work computer. If it come to it will just wait for another platform.
Thank you very much for your input