Looking for THE BEST Fps

If you're one of the people living in the past then you will see fag as a term meaning Gay which most people back then took offensive. Which if you still think that way then you're the one thinking wrong. Not saying all people think like me but if you get offended by the word fag, fuck it this is off topic, i've already explained my self. Fag to me means a fucking idiot. I'm looking for a good FPS to play.

I'm saying it's not offensive as a slander term. As I said in previous post I mean fag as a fucking idiot and that's what should be about it. Holy tits. You forum fags always on topic. Looking at the words and not the message. 

I'll just leave this here.

inb4 normal FF BS

The inappropriate use of the word "your" offends me.  I'm going to go cry about it because it solves everyone's problems.

Guys, the word "fag" can mean whatever you want it to mean.  Languages are made up after all. Their primary function is to (obviously) serve as a medium for communication.  I sure as hell wouldn't be wasting my time getting my tits in a knot over someone equating the word "straight" with stupid.  If their vocabulary is that weak, then so be it.  Don't be a baby about it.

And way to go...you guys used wikipedia as a source.

Also, I'm going to leave this here...

https://www.google.com/search?q=define+fag&aq=f&oq=define+fag&aqs=chrome.0.59j5j0l2j62.2641j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The word is oftentimes used to describe a cigarette.  You gonna throw a temper tantrum over that too?  I guess the brits can no longer use that word when they ask their buddy for a cig because it might offend the very same group of people that gives power and meaning to something so small as three letters.

Why claim it as being offensive?

I suppose in the same manner no one can make the word "fag" synonymous with the word stupid or bad because it offends people.  This is probably a long shot, but the idea of the word "fag" equating to homosexuals would quite possibly die down if people would fucking let it.  It could officially be defined as stupid or some other word, but noooo, we just gotta keep bringing up a derogatory relation.

I suppose by the same logic we can give the word nips power by claiming it as a derogatory term to describe meantally handicap children.

"Hey, guys, look at those nips over there."

(Oh shit, look out Cheese Nips...your asses better choose a different label for your product because a group of people decided to allow a four letter word to dominate their emotions and hinder their reasoning skills.)

Now, chant with me peoples:

"Nips can only have one meaning.  It can only be associated with mentally handicapped children.  Why?  Because wikipedia and some other people fucking said so."

[Edit]

Food for thought that can be tacked onto my rant above:

Do animals get offended by another animal's form of communication?  Or rather, are they offended by the actual message being conveyed and not the sound emitted by the other animal?

For example, do dolphin's metaphorically bite each other's heads off because one dolphin decides to communicate with a different click or squeak from what is considered to be the norm?  I don't know.  Maybe it's just me, but it seems to be awfully irrational to me.

Instead, I think they put all that juvenile bullshit behind them, team up, and get shit done.

inb4 SawyerTHEBABY tries to justify his BS

I'll just leave this here.

[Again, you're oversimplifying language, but this is not the post to have that kind of discussion.]

EDIT: Yo, drop this, this is hogging up the top of the feed for no good reason, Waste of time. There are PC's to be built and a better community to make.

Alright.  Now, back to the OP's original question.  I'm not sure if you've played it yet.  You probably have, but I'll suggest it anyways.

Battlefield 3.

I understand Logan and many, many others (including myself) loathe EA, but BF3 has really served me well.  I personally enjoyed the 600+ hours I've logged into it.  And since I equate the word "best" with "fun," I personally think of it as being one of the best FPS games I have ever played.  Not THE best, but it is definitely one of the best in my book.

I'm fine with you hating on MLP, but please keep your insults to the people who enjoy them to yourself. Most people who watch MLP are straight but actually enjoy the content of the show itself. Does liking something make you a fag? 

On-topic: Planetside 2 or Crossfire.

I've played bf3 on ps3 before I made the switch to pc it was kinda dull since the limited amount of played but was still pretty fun, didn't really find any bs in it. I haven't bought it for pc since I would just be playing catch up to unlock everything , and by the time I did BF4 will be out. So I'm definitely going to get BF4 ^_^ Hopefully by then EA will abandon Origin.

I've herd there is a still people playing BFBC2 since it's more "destructive". They only thing I see being a problem in BF4 on Pc is a cluster fuck of players, which I doubt  would be that bad if teams were even. And congratulations you're the first in about 22 comments to actually be on topic. Thanks for not being a FF 

So far you have been nothing but an off topic forum fag, if you think you're contributing to a better community you're a fucking idiot. You just spent about 4 comments basically saying FAG IS OFFENSIVE TO GAY PEOPLE BECAUSE THEIR GAY .  Die please

All i've seen from you on the forum either includes hating on several games or hating on people who are asking you to stop hating on those games. Maybe you're just having a bad week or something but i really hope you can have normal conversations with us on the TekSyndicate. I don't want people who are new to the syndicate to see your posts and leave because they think we are all like you. And don't tell people to go and die, how old are you? You don't behave very mature that i can tell you.

Im having alot of fun with Blacklight and Tribes Ascend.

Sorry to hear that the tf2 community is not cutting it for you, its a awsome game I have played it for more than 1000 hours.

I'm gonna give Blacklight another try , tribes is a blast sometimes, hump the gen hump the gen hump the gen hump the gen hump the gen hump the gen hump the gen hump the gen hump the gen hump the gen hump the gen hump the gen hump the gen hump the gen hump the gen hump the gen hump the gen hump the gen hump the gen hump the gen 

Out to troll some more our we.

First of all,the best FPS is a relative term for individuals to decide, not to be a fact. Sure, there are some undisputable facts, like that an Intel 3970X is the "best" single CPU you can buy, or that a Titan is the "best" single GPU you can buy, and so on, but the "best" game is not a fact.

Secondly, I would appreciate it if you do not use the word "fag" to describe people who play games you're too bad at to find enjoyable. Just because someone is better than you, it doesn't mean they are homosexual. Get that XboxLive attitude off of my forum.

Lastly, I would recommend Blacklight, Rise of the Triad, Doom, Quake, Unreal Championship/Tournament, and Primal Carnage.

I would appreciate if you educated yourself, learned proper grammar, and understood common decency. Fag is quite offensive to me, personally, being homosexual. If you are going to be such a jackass that you insult everyone recommending you games, and insult everyone who plays those games, then get the fuck off of TekSyndicate. We don't need this shit; have some self-decency and approach these situations like a man, with logical, and thorough explanations as to why these games are unenjoyable to you.

I was just about to write a long post about the relativity of the word 'best' but Brennan beat me to it.

Jesus fucking christ! Everybody seem to be so fixated on the term "fag". So what if you're offended?! Somebody was probably offended by me using Jesus christ in an insolent manner. Everybody is offended by something! The word "fag" has multiple meanings, not just a derogatory term for homosexuals. Like somebody previously mentioned, it also means "cigarette butt". Multiple meanings! Get over it!

Now, as far as the actual topic most people here seem to have ignored; there is no "best" FPS game. It's all subjective. It all depends on your preference. Are you looking for more multiplayer-focused games, or single player, or both? Does story matter to you? What about characters? Customization? Amount of weapons? What? We can't really deduct anything from "Counter Strike is for turtles" and "TF2 pony fag fest" (wtf does that even mean?!). I personally was never a fan of CS, and TF2 felt a little too hectic for me. (you could've said something along these lines instead)

Some of my favorite fps games, both multiplayer and single player:

Deus Ex - Human Revolutions: single player only, cyberpunk style FPS RPG. 

Bioshock (the whole series): some of the best single player FPS games I've played.

Battlefield 3: probably my favorite multiplayer FPS game.

Far Cry 3: great single player, and decent multiplayer. That is, if you can actually find a match.

Borderlands 2: mindless shooting and looting at it's finest. No proper multiplayer matches, but co-op is actually pretty fun.

Also, you shouldn't desmiss F2P games. While I will agree that they aren't really on par with games like Battlefield and COD, they are still fun. Blacklight Retribution is kind of a mix between COD and CS. There's a good amount of cutomization in that game. Plus they have a "rent" option which lets you borrow some equipment and/or weapons for 1, 3, or 7 days, which is much cheaper than buying those items outright. Hawken is pretty fun. It's a mech combat game. Great graphics, some decent customization but you have to buy most of it. Although, they do have promotional events where they let you test drive a mech or two for a couple of days.

while a word may have multiple meanings you have to take into account context as well as intent.

Personally the word means nothing to me, but then again I am not homosexual so it wouldn't.

I also find this whole thread quite ludicrous.. its purpose seems no other than us jumping through hoops trying to recommend an fps title to appease this rather fussy person with poor communication skills.

Aren't we such a tollerant community ;)

Many games have already been named by others and I'll keep myself informant to you of games not listed here yet. Might not be what you like, but I don't know you enough so i'll just say it.

Old single player FPS: Soldier of fortune 2 - double helix, Starship troopers and Men of valor. They are pretty old, but I play them cause i enjoy it and don't have to do some hard thinking, just playing a game for fun. Don't play them though if you are a graphics-lover who needs games that requires dual amd 7970 graphics or whatever people yell about nowadays.

If you like some heavy thinking with real life calculations of bullet paths and so forth, I would recommend "Sniper: ghost warrior 2" and/or "Sniper Elite V2". You can turn on automatic calculation aswell so you don't have to do so much thinking. You probably would love the game if you like to stealth around, sneak up on people and use snipers.

"The inappropriate use of the word "your" offends me.  I'm going to go cry about it because it solves everyone's problems."

Asking Sawyer to articulate his thoughts without using a word that has been known to be a pejoritive is a lot different than crying about it.

"Guys, the word "fag" can mean whatever you want it to mean.  Languages are made up after all."

Of course it can mean whatever I want it to mean.  That still doesn't change one of its commonly accepted connotations.

"Their primary function is to (obviously) serve as a medium for communication.  I sure as hell wouldn't be wasting my time getting my tits in a knot over someone equating the word "straight" with stupid."

Getting your tits in a knot is not the same thing as asking them to stop.  You have launched an Ad Hominem attack by demeaning my past actions through exageration.

"If their vocabulary is that weak, then so be it."

This I can not argue.  It's not worth it and I now realize this.

"Don't be a baby about it."

Your right, now that you have called me a baby, my argument has been invalidated.

"And way to go...you guys used wikipedia as a source."

The sources are cited at the bottom of the page.

2008, Paul Ryan Brewer, Value war: public opinion and the politics of gay rights, page 60

Spears, Richard A. (2007). "Fag"Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions. Retrieved 21 December 2011.

The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin. 2000. ISBN 0-618-70172-9.