Looking for Tempeature logging software

Hey guys, really scratching my head on this one. I’m looking for software that has temperature logging ability that can be started/stopped on command and will also store graphs of the temperature information. Having command line support woulld also be preferable does anyone know something that would work?

What about lm-sensors?

Here’s something I found that may be helpful:

I need something that will work on Windows (hence why it’s in the windows category) scripts meant for Bash (I think that’s Bash?), while they can be run on Windows, can’t interact with the hardware on the system from my experience.

Sorry about that, for some reason I thought I was looking at a linux post. Too many tabs open.

1 Like

I have used coretemp. It logs to a CSV file which would be fairly easy to convert to a graph. GUI only, no CLI unfortunately.

2 Likes

Openhardwaremonitor can log to CSV as well. No CLI though. I also don’t think it does each core, just the CPU package temp. Does log core frequency and utilization though if that’s useful.

2 Likes

I was primarily hoping to find something that made images of the graphs or had an option to but CSV is next best thing… i’m messing with a few CSV loggers now, i did find a useful add on app for AIDA that turns the CSV into graph form (seems to be glitchy as fuck)

This is for a production setting though so the least amount of steps from CSV to turning it into a image of a graph the better.

So whats then end goal if you don’t mind me asking? Does it need to be headless? Seems a bit convoluted for what I think your trying to achieve but you could throw up an influxDB server for data logging and use graphana for graphing using docker. Its not truly CLI but you can map it so that you can access the containers remotely if that’s what you need.

having a graph of data that can be displayed agnostic of program so things like clock speed and temps can be viewed over time rather than averages in order to identify misbehaving hardware. This is used exclusively on new systems with preconfigured images so something with convoluted setup is NBD but the use portion needs to be as time efficient as possible.

Not needed this is all local.

I cant post a link but you can google “monitoring windows services with grafana influxdb and telegraf” the new stack and influx data both have the same guide for setting it up using docker. Have a look at that and see if it’ll suit your needs

1 Like

Hardware Info 64
https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

Actually, I just found a PR for CLI https://github.com/openhardwaremonitor/openhardwaremonitor/pull/1115

1 Like

That’s fucking sweet (but by all means keep throwing things at me to check out)

1 Like