Looking for Suggestions on New System Build for VM's

Thanks for the information, what would you say about the x370 Taichi as that is currently my biggest choice?

Pretty much what I meant. It’s “OK”, it’ll run it, but imo it’s not worth the money.

X370 Taichi is the best VRM implementation on X370 on the market and as far as I know identical to the X470 implementation.

If you want to see details and someone drool:

2 Likes

Asrock X370 Taichi is a really decent choice yes vrm wise definitelly.
The vrm on this board is identical to its X470 Taichi revision.
Its controlled by the IR35201 pwm again running in 6+2 phase mode.
6 phases are doubled to 12 phases for Vcore and +2 phases are doubled to 4 for SOC using IR3598´s in doubler mode.
The powerstages they used are from Texas instruments CSD78350´s which are 40A Ti nexfets.
Its a really decent vrm totally capable for pushing a 2700X to its max.

2 Likes

Yep Agree.

If people are looking for a midrange X470 board,
depending on the pricings per country i mostlly recommend the Asus X470-F strix or the X470 Prime pro.
Those are just great midrange boards with all the base features that most people would need.
And if they have slightlly more to spend, then the Asrock X470 Taichi (non ultimate) is a nice level up.

Unfortunately I wanted/needed something pretty specific (Temperature Sensor inputs), and none of the boards except the X370 Gaming 5/K7 and the X470 Gaming 7 have that :sob:
But anyway, for myself I don’t see an issue still recommending X370 boards, they are perfectly fine boards still with no disadvantage.

here in NL the
ultra gaming is 142 eur
the Prime pro 175
the x470 taichi (non ult) is 229 and x370 version is 184

so i’m going for the taichi x370 based on the information from you and @mihawk90

Yeah unfortunatlly the Asus X470 prime pro and X470-F strix,
do lack on certian features.
But those are generally not really limmitation for most people.
But of course there are allways exceptions to that.

Also the Aorus Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 is exally a decent board,
with a decent vrm implementation.
I´m pretty dissapointed with Gigabyte and the X470 roundup of boards currentlly.
I think that are a bit of a let down with the Gaming 5 and Ultra Gaming vrm wise.
The Gaming 7 is great doe.

Try Azerty in Raalte, sometimes they do have nice prices.

checked from tweakers :stuck_out_tongue: it aggregates all prices

Oke yeah i know haha :wink:
Not sure if Alternate still does upgrade kit deals maybe?

checked, they have them but those are a bit expensive for what you get, it is a bit cheaper if i get most of my parts from amazon.de

Yeah our prices compaired to the US arent that fair lol :stuck_out_tongue:

yea xD but i’m off to sleep, almost 3am xD

2:49 :stuck_out_tongue:

sleep well.

1 Like

Another price aggregator for EU: https://geizhals.eu/?cat=mbam4&xf=317_X470

I was looking for a place to post this tid-bit and you O.P. was generally relevant. You are investigating Ryzen, parts, and pricing. Attached is a screengrab of my order from last December and price today of 16 GB kit of Gskill DDR4-3200 Samsung b-die 14-14-14-34 timings shown $50 USD cheaper than 8 months ago. I thought it worth mentioning since at least it is going down.

It is a great kit. Hopefully this gives you more info to use as you shop the different markets.

Thanks for the replies
I’m wondering if i would get 32gb ram instead of 16 if i would get a big hit if i go to 3000mhz ram as i can mabye overclock those too right?
I was thinking of this set
https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/product/q9CD4D/gskill-sniper-x-32gb-2-x-16gb-ddr4-3000-memory-f4-3000c16d-32gsxfb

I am running with Corsair LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz C16 (CMK32GX4M2B3200C16). I am actually doing OK with 3200 and in your case I am sure 3000 would be in the same ballpark in real world performance. Sure some benchmarks may be less, but actual usage you probably would not notice. Or it is just I am too much of a “normie” to not notice. For me 32GB system memory was more important in the long run vs boasting how fast the mem was. Regarding the overclock of the ram kit you may be able to get some more out of it. I was able to push the kit noted above to 3400 and was stable by just changing the speed and leaving the timings at XMP values and increasing the voltage to 1.36 from 1.35. Honestly the gains weren’t that noticeable so, I am back at rated XMP speed, voltage and XMP timings. But with all things over-clocking - it will come down to what your actual components can achieve. Always worth the try and if you get some added performance, bonus!

Small update,
I just bought all parts this is what i ended up with

• Ryzen 2700x
  • Asrock Taichi X370
  • G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
  • Samsung - 970 Evo 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
  • Gainward - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Video Card

Thank you for the help

1 Like