Looking for new washing machine

No, it’s just a washer…

1 Like

What he said. Just a washer, the dryer is in another room, well actually the shed.

1 Like

Just want to add to to what @strykerzr350 said and i agree in my years of maintenance stick with Maytag, Whirlpool for washer and dryers. if you get a front loader you save energy, soap and the life of your cloths. but thy need bit more maintenance, keep the door open just a bit (thy will start to smell if you don’s) , clean the filter if equipped, wipe down the inner door and seal, once a month run the clean cycle.

if you use to much soap it will build up and rot out the supports, (it will take 5 to 10 years) so right amount of soap and run the clean cycle is important. if your getting suds on the clean cycle on your once a month cleanings your using to much soap

BTW I personally have a front loading Whirlpool that i saved from the garbage, its been working great

3 Likes

It’s 10 years warranty with manufacturer, not the shop that sells it. Shouldn’t matter where you buy it.

1 Like

Meaning I have to deal with the manufacturer, register product and so on?

Everyone keep saying whirlpool and the name is fairly wide spread and respected and unlike other brands it still exists (cough candy cough), so I checked the store and that’s kinda the cheapest whirlpool I can get my hands on…
WHIRLPOOL FWSF 61053 W EU
Yeah, the store gives me only 2 years warranty with no option for more… Should I look for 5 years warranty one just to be sure, or maintenance like the occasional empty cycle and what not will be enough to elongate it’s life?

Don’t forget Whirlpool and Maytag are made by the company

1 Like

Well brands to avoid are definitelly Indesit and Beko.
Those are pretty crap.

Bosch on the otherhand are pretty complex generally,
we didn´t have had the best experience with a bosch machine either.
Electronical issues and all that, same with our previously owned AEG.

Mielle is of course decent but expensive generally.

Whirpool we had a wash dryer from them,
And it worked pretty well for as long as it took.
In then end the heat element died because of corrosion.
Our current indesit dryer also died electronically.

Currently we are using a Samsung Eco bubble which works pretty well sofar.
Another good brand in my opinion is Siemens.

1 Like

I haven’t even seen those anywhere… Not stores, not online. Nowhere to be found locally.

Yeah, I have heard other people saying Beko are not good at all… And not just washing machines.

I haven’t seen those either. Somebody (forgive me for forgetting your name) have mentioned them, but I can’t find them locally just like Maybach I mean Maytag…

Those guys are making everything, aren’t they? We have trains, made by Siemens… And most people here think they bankrupted after they closed their mobile phones business…

2 Likes

Can confirm. Mine just died, like one day it finishes it’s program and since then it doesn’t even turn on anymore.

1 Like

Yeah Siemens is pretty much everywhere in the field still except for mobile phones i guess.
We have owned a couple of Siemens devices in the past,
and non of them have really been bad.

But yeah in the end it’s basically all a matter of luck.

Siemens fridges, ovens, microwaves etc are also pretty decent.
They even build alarm systems, and fire alarm systems etc.

1 Like

Mielle basically is the Rolls Royce under the kitchen and washing machiene equipment.
However you also have to pay premium money for it.

A pretty basic Mielle washing machine likely double the price,
of a fairly nice moderate Samsung machine for example.
Which also has more loading capicity.
However since you are alone, i don´t really think that you should focus too much on loading capicity.
Unless you only use the machine once a week.

1 Like

So I just looked up warranty stuff on the german Miele homepage and it looks like that the 10 year warranty is optional and costs like 350,- Euro.

At this point I think I’ll just buy the cheapest shit I can find. Really doesn’t seem to make a difference anymore, they all suck.

1 Like

Well yeah allot of the midrange machines generally use the same or similar parts indeed.
Like i said Mielle is the Rolls Royce in the field.
However their prices are also premium.

I would likely look for a nice Siemens or Samsung machine.
I personally don´t know about LG.
But they might use similar components to Samsung maybe.

Our current Samsung eco bubble is like 5 or 6 years old now.
And basically works fine still.
It was like a 500 euro machine i guess, compaired to some of the cheaper Mielle models, who start well over 800.

1 Like

They are expensive as shhh… I can’t afford 500 euros worth of washing machine… My absolute total maximum is 300 and if I can get lower than 250 that would be the best…
Samsung have nothing for me there… Whirlpool does… Siemens - I’m not sure I have seen them… Hold on, let me check again…
Yeah, Siemens is nowhere to be found…

1 Like

Yeah Samsung indeed is kinda expensive as well.
Since you are looking into the entry segement of the market.
I think that Whirlpool wouldn´t be a bad choice.

In the cheaper segement, you will likely only find Whirlpool, BK and Indesit.

1 Like

And some other unknown brands to the world…
Also I just found Miele in Bulgaria. The cheapest washing machine there is 800 euros flat…

2 Likes

What about extended warranty? Is that generally a scam or is it a solid option? It looks reasonable price to performance wise. Like, get a 350,- Euro machine and a 70,- Euro extended warranty to 5 years. That would drop the cost per year quite a bit.

(I am calculating only warranty time as product lifetime at this point)

1 Like

But yeah it’s a matter of luck in the end.

I mean if a $250,- indesit for example lasts you like 5 years.
Then you don´t really have much to complain either you know.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

250 euro machine with 25-50 euro for extended warranty… Not every store offers extended warranty and those who do sell the washing machine at 300 euros already and ask for up to 50 extra for the extended warranty. I’m not entirely sure it’s not just a scam… I mean there is a sticker on the machine saying 5years warranty and then the store only gives me 2 years…

Yeah, I agree with that, but I just wanted to make sure I won’t buy something like BOSH, cause honestly nobody I asked recommended them…
Since it’s just for my own personal use I won’t really torture the machine much, but still, I kinda don’t want it to die in couple years time and I would have to buy new one…

ONE MORE THING:
Are those calgon and what not chemicals against … google say the translation is limescale or limestone, so those chemicals against the heavy water thing, do they help? Do I need to regularly use some? How does that work?