Looking for monitor for two computers: overclocked DisplayPort for one, HDMI for another.

Looking for monitor for two computers: overclocked DisplayPort for one, HDMI for another.

Does anyone know if the LG 34GK950G-B or Acer Predator X34 will support switching between two computers: a DisplayPort set with overclocking to 120hz for a PC, while a Mac is connected via HDMI, without the screen turning black overnight for the PC as recently happened with the AW3418DW that I had to return?

I just had what was quite possibly the most nightmare of a product I have ever purchased. Our default setup is to have our Alienware Aurora R5 hooked up to our monitor via DisplayPort and Mac Laptop hooked up to the same monitor via HDMI. This worked perfectly with our previous low-end Dell monitor though we’d never adjusted settings for that one. We were so excited to get the AW3418DW G-Synch monitor since we could then take advantage of the 120hz overclocking. This, however, was not to be. We were able to switch back and forth between HDMI and DisplayPort just fine, but, two nights in a row, whenever we left the computer alone overnight, HDMI from the Mac laptop continued to work while DisplayPort from the Aurora R5 would not and would display only a black screen until we reset the monitor back to factory settings and then overclocked to 120hz all over again. After spending an hour between being bounced around multiple support staff—not a one of whom could actually understand me—and then finally getting the correct premium support staff that I paid extra for, they then take another hour to discover from their engineering department that the monitor was not designed to switch between computers while overclocking is enabled for the PC connected via DisplayPort. This is ludicrous. Many people use monitors for more than one computer. So now, I’m in the position of needing to find a monitor that can be overclocked for the DisplayPort without actually disabling DisplayPort as has been happening. Thankfully, Dell is taking back the AW3418DW without any restocking or shipping fees and did say they are notifying their marketing department to update their website but they have no intention of updating firmware or supporting dual computers for the same monitor. They had no suggestion for a solution at all. I cannot believe that Dell would be so unsupportive of their product.