Looking for friends and food

OK so Hi ALL am new and iv had a look to see if there is anything hear to deal with what I was wanting to ask, and theirs not so “Looking for friends and food” it is. . . I have the problem of no certificates so getting an i.t. job is not that easy where I live, I done a student placement with Fujitsu a while back that was a laugh as I ended up training the agency staff that where brought in to the project,.

Why am I posting. . . . . . am looking to build an IT peer support network, why. . . . because the monkey’s that I am surrounded with, the ones that turned down “The government biometric ID card almost 8 years ago” now run around with just that in their hands and stuck to there faeces, but yet am para. . . sorry bit of a rant there, but I think you can get the point hear. . . .

So yeah How dose one get into the corporate side of IT. I love setting things up I.E switches, servers and so on, cant find enough people to build my own user base for testing or fun(Dam monkeys)

websqu com My Playground ( May be up may be down "only I know ).

I hope someone will play.

constructive criticism.
random computer knowledge sounds fun.
random challenge’s welcome to.

3 Likes

Hey buddy, Welcome!

Your post is a little hard to parse as it is; perhaps there is too much slang, or not enough punctuation‽

If I’m understanding it, you are just after some friendly, informal advice of how to get a corporate job?

Might you decide/share which field you might be interested in pursuing?

I’m afraid I’m not in IT, but maybe we can get the right questions out to the right people?

3 Likes

So i don’t have the cash to fork out for “Networking(Cisco) and Linux Admin(Red Hat)”. So am looking for some people to help give feed back or/and advice on how to approach getting their, that and help while I build my own services.

P.S the phasing issue is because I am dyslexic, so spelling over grammar. . . A.I Don’t like me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

If you want to get started with RHEL, RedHat have a number of free resources available to you. With a free RH developer account you have effectively 16 RHEL licenses to play with. I’m a RHEL admin and this is probably one of the most valuable resources if you’re just getting into it.

1 Like

Thank you for the links am off to cheek them out. however I can see one problem i will have straight off the bat, and that’s hardware am still on an fx chip i have 2 laptops i5 i3 4gb each, trying to find a way to get them making for me. you got any ideas as to a good server? iv been looking at trying to get my hands on an old Xeon server?? so i can run more vms ( i dont like vms, contanter or aws of any sort) no one should trust anyone with your data or business data. . . . . its like jam in cumbered that keeps miltipling but you never see it do so. :sweat_smile: :crazy_face:

i done one of the red hat free tests once, it recommended i go for the sys admin 2-3, whith was funny as i use debian, so was sort of best guess at some points

1 Like

Hardware doesn’t matter to much, RHEL runs on almost anything. If you’re looking at the Linux side of things, knowing the filesystem, basic commands, and how to work the OS is more important than any particular technology that sits on top of it.

Where are you from?

Take you’re time, make sure you’re taking advantage of any technologies that can make it easier for you to work with computers and you’re writing. It’s worth the effort.

It depends on where you are, what your qualifications are and what your goals are. You can start from the bottom, get an apprentiship, or go in as a graduate if you have a degree. Also depends if you’re willing to move or not

1 Like

i got my diploma 9-10 years ago, so am no stranger to the field, hard ware is a problem for me as just unzipping something uses like 30% of my CPU, i do understand that they don’t take up must to run but when your needing to run more than you can handle(where i am now) its not easy.

fx8350-16gb. . . . just don’t cut(Even water coloed) it that well with windows that 5-6gb R normal usage and that’s be for vms, or server watching and so on. .

1 Like

X79 is a good start, if you want a LOT of ram or dual socket check out the c60X chipsets and be sure to check wether the specific motherboard requires or supports registered ram

1 Like

iv been looking for why more storage, am thinking ahead raid 5, 10

also a bit out my price range for the time being, that would fit in my Obsidian case i think.

1 Like

Hey. How’s it going?

I sincerely hope those are two different things… Cause I’m a bit fatty and not verry tasty…

Ok, what does that have to do with eating people? I am confusion…

3 Likes

You’ll want to uses a Raid card flashed to IT mode or a HBA card, then use either ZFS or btrfs, but stay away from integrated raid and hardware raid solutions

1 Like

Not quite sure what you’re asking for in that case… over experience is going to be more of an issue than not being able to run a couple of vms at home. a home setup doesn’t really have much to do with getting a job in a corporate environment.

What are we talking about? Are you looking to change career or are you just wanting to setup a home lab for fun?

2 Likes

iv heard to stay away from intergraded raid, less stable and its fake if am right

1 Like

i have a home lab i have 2600 cisco routers and 24 port switches, i have my own linux router box(pf) at the moment but from time to time i get board and build a debian router(Gateway), my foot in the door is what am seeking. i fond a hack for my isp router and looked myself out the root account (added this so you would laugh"but true")

a normal day

looking for a foot in the door (Networking or Linux admin),
Currently building something to hopefully bring in something for new hardware,
Most of all a pear support network as i am surrounded by morons. .

1 Like

Depends how prity you are :sweat_smile: :rofl: :rofl: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

its more an income/founding reference. .

2 Likes

What kind of jobs have you been applying for at the moment?
What’s your degree in?
What’s your knowledge like on networking principles?

Depending on the job I couldn’t care less if you were Cisco certified or not for example. Might get you in the door but it won’t get you the job

2 Likes

Thing i can easily get to

1 Like

Information technology. And i love all technology, , cant what for nuclear battery’s 9year life span

1 Like

Challenge me, give me a packet tracer file with a problem, this would be the beast why to find out, and good for me as it will be out side my norn

1 Like