Looking for free chess puzzles

Need chess mazes and tactic puzzles.

I really don’t see the point of paying chess.com for tactic puzzles when all you need is a script and a chess enigne to generate them.

Edit: chess.com along with ChessBase and the Houdini are EA of the chess world.

Have you tried?
https://chesstempo.com/chess-tactics.html

It is free and does tactic puzzles in a way.

1 Like

Exactly what I am looking for, thanks man.

1 Like

You are welcome.

I’ve been loving this one. Great for a quick go while on the throne :poop:

1 Like

There’s books and youtube videos. Don’t remember my favorite books but it emphasis on solving puzzles. (checkmake in 3 to 5 moves) and also pins and forks. NOw that AI can beat people in Chess & Go there’s almost no reason to study it unless you’re trying to be a fellow colleague or brushing up for casual play.

thats not true.
just because a AI managed to beat a human at chess and go does not mean that the professional sport is dead. I do believe that AI will be a huge help at the professional level for helping you analyse games that you lost

Thank you for your contribution. Your reply could be used to answer any question:

What is the circumfrence of the earth?

What is intergration by parts?

Does god exist?

this is my goto site for chess. Its free and it doesnt require registration for you to play with friends or do puzzles.

It has the stockfish ai engine which makes it a good place to practice vs ai. Also has good analytics because of it. and it has android app.

1 Like

Exactly what I am looking for, thanks man.

Stockfish is a free open source engine (also the strongest chess engine). If you are using linux you can download a chess GUI like http://www.pychess.org/ and import stockfish as a UCI chess engine. And don’t forget to configure the thread count (the defualt is 1).

1 Like

I thought this was a chess thread?

1 Like

I found all that I was looking for, I cannot close the thread though…

Ask a moderator like @wolfleben @GigaBusterEXE, or @MisteryAngel to close the thread for you.

Since the user has found what they are looking looking for, I’m going to lock this thread.

4 Likes