Looking for budget friendly quad-core laptops, with dedicated graphics

Hello all,

I have a friend that is looking for a budget-friendly laptop primarily for video editing and some (light) gaming. Looking for anything in the $600 to $900 dollar range, with a true Skylake or Kabylake i5 or i7 quad-core processor (no dual-cores with hyper-threading). It's going to be mobile, so anything bigger than a 15.6" is too big. As far as graphics, I have been eyeing anything in the GTX950M, 960M, and 1050 range. Nothing super high-end, just something with more power than Intel integrated graphics.

So far, this is all I have been able to come up with:

and

I keep up to date with the latest desktop hardware, but I really don't keep up with the latest laptops much. The amount of variation and choice is maddening!

If you have the time, any additional suggestions would be most welcomed, if you feel so inclined to leave one.

Many thanks.

Quite decent option:

There's also a number of similarly speced Inspirons, idk if I like those tho lol.
In any case it has a decent i5 quad core, gtx 1050, and decent other specs for $900 free shipping. And a free backpack and plushie

Is top of budget but also really good specs for the price.

For 850$ you can get the Lenovo Legion Y520 that's packing a 1050ti instead of a 1050 most laptops in that price range have. I know doesn't have an SSD but you can save up and buy one yourself. The GPU is soldered so you can't upgrade that, that's why I think it's a worth tradeoff.

Confirmed working with both Ubuntu and Fedora 25. Bought one of these a while back, real nice laptop, especially with the backlit keyboard. Core i7 and easily upgradable RAM is a steal. No dedicated graphics though, so there's that.

EDIT: nice thing about Dell enterprise gear, if you ever decide to reinstall Windows the activation key is hard-coded on the motherboard. Windows can pick it up and activate without any user input.