Looking for "budget" am4 motherboard recommendations for vfio

Hi! i’m looking for a motherboard to pair with a new cpu i have ordered but i am a bit uncertain what to buy. I have would like budget to be preferably below 250€ but i can stretch it to 300€ if really needed.

Specs:

Ryzen 9 5900x

Rx6700 10gb and gtx 1070 ti or rtx 2060 for the guest

1tb nvme and 1tb sata ssd

Psu is 850w gold rated if that matters.

What will you use it for?

Why not get the cheapest one?

I will be using it for gaming for few games that wont run on linux natively or with proton, i’m running those with my current setup fine so far. Also will be using it for photo editing and work since i like work and personal stuff to be separated.

MSI Mortar MAX is cheap and can handle itself quite well. IIRC it is a Buildzoid Recommendation

1 Like

My apologies i should have mentioned i’m already running a b450 with a 5700g and would like to go to x570 boards to run 2 dedicated gpu’s.

For your Ryzen 9 5900X, you’ll want a motherboard that supports the AM4 socket and the X570 or B550 chipset. Here are a few options that fit within your budget:

Gigabyte AORUS X570 Elite: This motherboard is a good choice if you want a high-quality X570 motherboard that won’t break the bank. It has a solid VRM design and plenty of features, including PCIe 4.0 support, dual M.2 slots, and Intel Wi-Fi 6.

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WiFi: This B550 motherboard is a great value option that still provides plenty of features for your build. It has a decent VRM design, PCIe 4.0 support, dual M.2 slots, and Wi-Fi 6.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi 6): This B550 motherboard is another solid option that comes with Wi-Fi 6 support, which is great if you need a wireless connection. It has a good VRM design, PCIe 4.0 support, dual M.2 slots, and plenty of other features.

All three of these motherboards should work well with your Ryzen 9 5900X and provide enough features for your build.

Is there a list of his recommendations or do you need to get it from his videos?

I think I’m going to have to rescind that recommendation because its a B550 board and IIRC B550 chipset isnt so good with IOMMU groupings. You will likely need an X570 board for that.

Buildzoid usually groups his recomendations per brand so just search X570 and ASUS/Gigabyte/MSI/brand that you like.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.