Hi there everyone, I kinda forgot I had this account for about a month or so after registering, I suppose it's worth I use it considering you guys probably know more about this subject.
So, I'm nearing my 18th, I've had a previous 6 year old pre-built 'gaming' PC for about the last 3 years, and I had a discussion to receive a new rig as my present, they agreed (thankfully!) and said they'd buy me the parts I specified.
They also said I shouldn't worry too much about a budget, but I figured that's not living in the modern world; gotta make compromises, so I figured around £800 (or in the title, about $1300 USD) would be enough.
Based on the general guidelines sticky, I put this together for you boys:
- Budget: £800 ($1300, thought I'd jam this in here one last time),
- Country: United Kingdom (England, more specifically),
- Preferred retailer: I'm really not too sure about this one; anything that doesn't charge extortionate prices for shipping I suppose,
- Peripherals?: I already have a keyboard and mouse, but I want to get a new monitor to go with the rig, which should be included in the budget,
- What will you be using it for?: General gaming, along with occasional game recording andvideo rendering,
- Overclocking?: No, thank you,
- Custom water cooling?: Nah, I'll pass,
- Need an OS?: Nope, got a copy of 7 Pro c:,
- What kind of settings do you like, or FPS you wish to play at?: Usually the higher range of settings, maxed out if I can help it, but it's not really needed. I absolutely don't want to dip below 60, anything more is fine for me.
- What resolution will you be playing at?: 1080p for playing, 720p for recording,
- What kind of games do you like to play?: FPS, MOBA, Racing, Open World.
- What specific game will you be playing (if applicable)?: The fun ones! But seriously, Source games like Dota 2, and mostly the older games I've been missing out on. But I also want to be ready to play some of the newer games like Skyrim, Just Cause 2, Metro 2033, Saints Row 4 and other stuff in the future.
- What application do you use to render? (very important): Sony Vegas is my main weapon of choice, don't think I'll change very soon.
- Do you render movies or Photoshop pictures?: I render movies, but I normally do my images in other applications, which my current PC can handle just fine.
- What size monitor are you looking for, and what resolution, screen type (IPS, S-IPS, TN, etc.), hertz (60, 120, etc.)?: I was planning on getting a 1080p monitor, anything above 23" is good for me, Hertz isn't too much of a deal for me, I don't really know too much about the benefits of the screen type however; especially not in terms of gaming. Anything 1080p, bigger than 23 inches that can fit in my budget that is generally lauded will suit me just fine.
I don't have a PCPartPicker list to post with this, I apologise if it's required. All I know for sure about this build is that I'd like to have the Fractal Design Node 304 (http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/fractal-design-case-fdcanode304bl) for the case, as well as that I would like to have integrated Wi-Fi, if this isn't feasible I can do without it but I would really like it.
I hope I haven't disgusted any of you with all these words, I don't think it's too illegible if I say so myself.