Looking for a new TKL backlight keyboard

Hey everyone

I’m in the market for a new keyboard and I’m struggling to find out what keyboards people recommend with features I’m interested in for sale in 2021. See the following:

Requirements:

• TKL (full sized minus num pad)
  • Cherry Browns (or equivalent)
  • RGB backlight with keycaps that allow the light to shine through
  • Reasonable shipping to Ontario, Canada

Nice to have:

• Programmable
  • Media keys (play, pause, next, back, volume up/down, mute)

The Drop CTRL keyboard is the one I’m looking at but had some issues with their site and my shipping address. They also use DHL which can be iffy in Canada. I may go back and try again unless someone has something similar. Price range is flexible, I don’t mind spending more money if there is a good reason for it. I’m currently using a 6 year old Corsair K70.

2 Likes

I can say that the Drop CTRL is available on Amazon if that helps with the shipping stuff.

Low Profile case:

High Profile case:

EDIT:
Though this also looks good and has all the features you want, even the reprogramming if you don’t mind using their software. Browns appear to be sold out right now on this particular link but their should be others.

This has the wrong picture, a 60% but the listing is for an 87 key TKL sooooo…

I did know they were on amazon, but they do cost a little bit more than from Drop.com. That said an Amazon return policy with shipping might be worth the extra money. I was also more interested in black than grey given equal price and availability but I’ll take what I can get.

The HyperX and Durgod keyboards look very nice. Definitely options. I like that they have the media keys under a function key.

1 Like

They do have a black option (which is currently unavailable… I really should read just a little more before posting) for the Drop CTRL, but I agree it is very expensive.

1 Like

Ducky keyboards are also nice and well built. They have TKL with backlit Cherry browns.

Dont know about their shipping though.

1 Like

Hmm, shipping would be good if I can find one in stock locally. They do look like nice keyboards and I’ve heard good things about Ducky. Seem to be worth considering for sure.

Thanks!

1 Like

The Keychron K8 may be worth a look: Keychron K8 Tenkeyless Wireless Mechanical Keyboard

• RGB (On the more expensive hot-swap model)
  • Choice of Red, Blue, or Brown Gateron switches (Available with a hot-swap PCB which is the one I have)
  • Can switch between Windows and Mac keyboard layouts
  • Wireless (BT)
1 Like

This looks very nice and relatively inexpensive. Only bummer is its out of stock right now. Might be worth waiting for

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.