Looking for a new monitor

Hello, I’m in the market for a new monitor. I currently have one that I play games on. But it has poor backlighting and is a TN panel. I want something on the opposite of the spectrum. the monitor i’m looking to buy would be one that has good colour reproduction and decent screen real estate. preferably IPS, 1440p or more, maybe colour accurate? I would like to start being more productive with photoshop, I would like to experience a nice colour accurate monitor.
I have a couple ones I have narrowed it down to but EDIT: “Guess i only have one”, im an asus fanboy. Are they decent at making monitors? should I explore dell? or samsumg? I would like outside opinions. Please leave your thoughts or recommend a monitor below.

My price range in USD$
Ideal $300-500
MAX $600.

Im also looking at this stand for my monitors.

Pro-Tip: LG makes most of the displays for brands like ASUS and HP, and so on. If it has an LG IPS panel, you will more than likely be okay.

I don’t have any suggestions per say but I would take a look at some of the Korean monitors that @Wendell has reviewed here. Keep the TN for gaming since you already have it. Use the new display for everything else.

Last night B&H had an LG 27" 4K IPS monitor for under $300. It’s not exactly what you’re looking for, but I think it’s a decent deal. As far as I can tell everybody on these forums that own one of those LG 4K monitors likes them.

EDIT: Found it

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1368321-REG/lg_27ud60_b_27ud60b_27_4k_uhd.html

1 Like

I have the 1080P version of the above. It replaced my ASUS TN monitor (panel by LG) that my roommate broke. I would recommend it.

1 Like

I didnt know that, Ill keep that in mind. Thanks for the recommendation. @Mastic_Warrior
Ill look into some LG monitors Im not 100% Sure if i wanna go as big as 4k unless i can keep sub 30 inch size *edit: @w.meri *edit 2: Just realized that recommendation was sub 30’’ lol.
What do you think about 24 inch 4k is that too small?
Also is 10 bit something to consider? or is it not worth it.

I would not recommend 4K under 42 inches honestly.
I have the 1080P @ 24 inches. My friend has the 2160P @ 27 inches and I feel like that is too small for that size.

It really comes down to how close you sit to the monitor and how much text you need to read. Display scaling can be your friend or your enemy.

I actually own the 24" 4K version of the monitor I linked. I love the monitor, it’s by far the best one I’ve ever used in terms of color (even compared to the ASUS PB238Q).

As for size, I think 24" would be too small for most people at 4K. Menus are almost always tiny and sometimes text can be hard to read, but you can usually fix those in settings. I would say that 27" 4K would be on the smaller side for most people as well, but definitely usable. If you are using it for productivity (esp. if you’re getting paid for it) a 32" or even larger might be a good route.