Looking for a new laptop

First action on any budget´ish PC should probably be to just reinstall Windows without even looking at it. Then the fishies are gone for sure. Not exactly fun trying to uninstall preloaded bloat.

There are some notebook from System76 for instance that come with VGA as well (https://system76.com/laptops/gazelle). But they don´t come with a Windows license, since they come preinstalled with Linux if you want/need Windows you gotta get a License Key seperately.

1 Like

windows key have so eh but good idea thanks

here what i had before it died and it was great had no problems

clevo P150HM

now surface pro 3 i5 its a computer (dual core pos)

Also

yes will edit sorry laptop
also no vga port on the asus

You would use a dongle for the mini-displayport -> VGA.

• Look at Fujitsu stuff. They still put some legacy ports on their new PC’s.

• Look at business laptops, as they have legacy ports in them.

I also believe the VAIO line of computers is coming to the states, that PC also has a VGA I believe.

EDIT: The VAIO S is the only laptop they sell, it comes with VGA but no dedicated GPU. It has NVME, and an Ethernet port.

If you are fine with looking on the brand new side of things, Dell Latitude 5580 or 5591 has some decent models with processors that are pretty much in par with desktop CPU performance.

thank you

I would assume you got something you wanted?

nope just looking for ideas still .

I think you’re looking for something like this?

I have this exact laptop. (but pimped out with SSD, more ram and liquid metal for better cooling) It has VGA, HDMI, 4 USB ports (2x USB 2.0 and 2x 3.0) as well as an SD card slot and headphone&mic jack. Of course you should never pay the advertised price (I paid $999 CAD for this back in 2014)

to big looking for 15 inch or smaller but thanks for the suggestion

what I linked is the canadian site because dell does that auto geo-location stuff.

But those procs are almost desktop equivalents and the laptop has a VGA port.

well thank you i appreciate your advise .

This has a quad core i7 and ethernet and vga. This is probably your best bet as with other enterprise laptops.

1 Like

Someone is selling Thinkpads in another thread. I know that GPU-wise probably won’t cut it, but otherwise might be a good idea to check it out.

Really wish Fujitsu was more popular in North America. Their newer models of laptops are so great, but so rare and expensive here. Really want their T938 or T937 model, but is pretty much impossible to find here used (brand new is way more than I can afford).

I know right. Especially with there inclusion of a palm print scanner they’re also the most secure devices around.
:’(

1 Like

They are quite viable with an mSata or Expresscard egpu to keep at your desk I have done it before.

1 Like