Looking for a new case

Hi all,

I’m looking for a case for my threadripper project. I’m on a budget, and am trying to keep a max of $250 USD.

I’ve been looking around and like the looks of the In Win 303, but it’s too small and I don’t like the airflow situation. The Define R5 or Master Case seem like good options, but I’m not a huge fan of the looks of them. I’m really getting into this whole minimalist aesthetic that we saw at CES.

On to my requirements:

• LARGE. My previous case is the 800D, I thought it was good but it had a lot of clutter inside that made it frustrating to work with. Something along the same OD as that with a bit more room to work inside would be awesome. I have absolutely no need for 5.25 bays.
  • Ability to fit full ATX motherboards.
  • Looking for a glass side panel, eventually, once I’m finished prototyping the build, I’ll be putting the entire thing on water.
  • Room for dual loops
  • dual 360 rad mounts or some combination of 120 and 240 to get me as close to 720mm total as possible
  • 2.5in SSD mounts, not too picky on how many, most cases have decent support for them and I can always drill the back of the motherboard tray.
  • dust filters and good airflow

I’m looking to fit a 1080 FE and a Nitro Fury in this case. They’ve got large coolers, so it’s going to have to have

This isn’t going to be a show build or anything (in its current form, but that may change) I’m trying to build something to combine my HTPC, gaming system and work system into one, which is why threadripper.

On a somewhat related note, but one that’s not really deserving of its own thread, does anyone know how the X399 Taichi is doing it’s IOMMU groups? I’ve been eyeing that one for the build, but will probably go with the MSI board if the IOMMU isn’t any better.

Phanteks Enthoo Primo…

Check

Yeah… Almost every ATX case can do that…

May be not this case…

Yup… Multiple different options for rad mounts and stuff…

Roof and bottom…

Pretty much great…

Already pre-drilled for you… And grommeted.

1 Like

Wait a bit for Cooler Master’s H500P. Just look at this beauty!

2 Likes

Not too bad. This case definitely looks like it will fit my build.

Its all about space management and getting “custom”, I got 2 360s, a 140 and a 120 in a case thats not really supposed to have all that lol.

Fair point.

Your setup does look badass. Do you have it documented somewhere?

Documented as in the parts list? The computer components or the water-cooling hardware?

Eh, just kinda interested in seeing a build log/more pictures. I’m a nerd, I like those things.

That’s easy, The Dark Base Pro 900, Comes with Orange, Black (as in none), or silver accents

$250, LARGE, EATX, Tempered Glass, Dual loops (with just a bit of creativity), Plenty of rad support, image
2.5 inch drives? Up to 15 if you keep all the removable drive cages, 1 or 2 dedicated slots on the back of the motherboard
Dust filters and good airflow? check and check
comes with 2 $20 140mm fans and integrated QI charger

image (custom loop and psu cover)

1 Like

This may be the best option I’ve seen yet.

Yeah, like I said, it would take some creativity and work, but you can do some amazing things in there

If you’re into it then there’s second-hand cases from it corps that are virtually free, those just needs to be modded from the inside perhaps. To me, for example some Dells are waaay more appealing than most consumer cases.

If you like big, lots of room and modular, then try:

Fitting dual loops are tricky unless you go for small reservoirs - stacked or fixed to rads. The one above fits rads in bottom. SSDs afix in the back.

If you want to buck up, its bigger brother the W100 is the way to go. Also the p100 pedestal.

Then it will fit anything, with any combination…

Threadripping… But not done yet. Some modding still, just a test run:

1 Like