Looking for a lemon pound cake/muffin recipe

I got lucky and found a box of lemon poppy seed muffin mix online, but its not available any more.

blah blah more boring back story…

TLDR…Anyone have a good recipe for lemon poppy seed muffins OR lemon pound cake to share?

2 Likes

Check if Alton brown has one

1 Like

Pretty much anything from Joshua “Papa” Weissman is solid.

Peruse any of his recipes on YouTube for a pound cake recipe is what I’d reccomend.

1 Like

all that i found was lemon pie using his name

nothing here either…

guess i’ll try generic stuff from youtube… next

Yeah did a search has a pound cake base you can tweak, but yeah not anything specifically lemon

1 Like

this is going to be so much work… to recreate what I had with the mix…

the mix only needed water, veg oil, and egg (but wife cant have egg, so i would use greek yogurt)… .then i could mix it by hand and bake for 15 min at 400… and they were really good…

I think with alot of experimentation…i could follow this one to find flour/salt/etc ratios and then figure out how to make something eggless…

1 Like

Recipe Results for lemon poppy seed pound cake | Allrecipes.
and muffins
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe | Allrecipes
theres only about 7,500 recipes out there for it

by the way Im a member of all recipes

1 Like

There is a cookbook out there that gives basic recipes using ratios by weight. I dont know the exact name unfortunately. The ex has it…

Not strictly a lemon pound cake, but this recipe has been sitting open in one of my many tabs for the last month as I intend to make it sometime. I haven’t made this particular recipe, but it looked good so…we’ll see when I get around to it.

1 Like