Looking for a gpu recommendation to run a 4k 40in tv

just picked up a samsung 6290 4k 40in tv on sale and am wondering what gpu i should pair it with to get 4k 60hz 444 chroma. i have read a lot online that the amd gpu's do not work well with 444 chroma so im probably leaning towards nvidia cards. not looking to game just want everything to run smoothly. ideal gpu is something that can output 4k 60hz 444 chroma at 10 bit over hdmi 2.0

You also need to say what type of games, for AAA games a 1080ti won't even always be at 60fps. More info you give, the better people can help.

Also beware alot of TV's have more imput timing issues compared to a true monitor.

i just want to be able to run windows smoothly, ideal gpu is something that can output 4k 60hz 444 chroma at 10 bit over hdmi 2.0

It honestly doesn't require a lot of GPU horsepower to display 2D graphics on a 1K, 2K, or even a 4K screen. Rather, it is the 3D applications (games) which require a significantly powerful GPU.

Personally, I'd probably look at something like a GTX 1050Ti, since it has low power requirements, has more than enough 2D power and still has some 3D capability for fancy effects like wobbly windows, or simple games.

power draw isn't a concern one bit

No point in a) generating a lot of extra fan noise, or b) cooking your other components with excess heat, which are generated by a monster GPU, if you don't really need a monster GPU. Not to mention spending "All The Money" on a shiny new monster GPU ...

Some retailers have friendly "trade up" programs, in the event that you decide that your GPU doesn't have enough juice for your application.

im going for a 1060 either 3gb or 6gb i found the 3gb 170$ and the 6gb is 210$ not 100% sure.

If you even remotely envision a faint possibility of playing the odd game at 4k, you'll wish that you had the 6GB of VRAM.

but then again i can also run the games at 1080p with the 4-1 pixel mapping

ALERT I'm about to pull numbers out of my butt ...

Most modern games played at high, or very high quality levels seem to be using in the neighborhood of 4-4.5GB of VRAM these days and the upward trend of VRAM use shows no sign of slowing down. The 1060 is a decent card, but right off the bat, you'll likely need to use medium settings, unless of course you like playing 3-5 year old games.

To help you to understand my thought process:
IMHO 3GB is obsolete, so I would not be inclined to spend $175+ on an obsolete card, if I could find a satisfactory solution for ~$200.

As ever, YMMV ...

im going for the 6gb