Looking for a blower fan

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone out there has come across a thermistor controlled 12 VDC blower fan?

Example of a standard fan with built in thermistor: A97578-001: Nidec Corporation : 12VDC 60x60x38mm Ball Bearing Fan 27CFM : Fans & Cooling

Thanks,
Tim

All fans are blowers. You want a radial fan; your example was an axial fan. Good terminology helps.
I’ve personally only ever seen axial fans like that.

1 Like

Also, it would help if you describe the size of the fan you need.

1 Like

On digikey there are only tubeaxial fans with thermistors listed.
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/filter/dc-brushless-fans-bldc/217?s=N4IgjCBcoKxaBjKAzAhgGwM4FMA0IB7KAbRAGYA2CmCskfMsCgdhjgadefvM%2BYA4eAFgAMFEfxHCxEiPiEwyzZgE5p4-gCZ1EuvLBgYW4QYqb2IIac2CAuvgAOAFyggAyk4BOASwB2AcxAAX3wwIXgQJEg0LDxCEhB%2BAQo7RxdIdy8-QJDwFX41aEiUDBx8IkhSKVsg3LgihygwR0bIc1qgA

1 Like

If you care to make one, there are 555 timer PWM controllers that a thermistor could be added to.

1 Like

Thank you for the responses, apologies for any confusion, I was only going by the terminology that I have been exposed to from my current suppliers and manufacturers.

Essentially I need to cool RAID controllers, at least 2 in the same system, in 45 degree Celcius ambient heat. I have had to change case due to other requirements so I am reviewing how to cool these components effectively.

I was thinking along the lines of this, but with a thermistor:

1 Like

In case you are open to DIY, search for “Digital Temperature Controller”. Those would then allow you to use any fan you see fit.

Or, if you are open for more DIY (or space constraint), using an ATtiny85 with a K-Type is pretty straight forward, just add a voltage regulator, some passive components and a MOSFET.

1 Like

Also check your motherboard manual. Maybe there is an additional header for a temperature sensor.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.