Looking for a better computer chair

What’s wrong with legos?

Because you wanted constructive: I have a Steelcase Leap. To quote Ferris Bueller, if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

I already added my $.02 to the thread, which died out and is now revived thanks to spam. OP probably has a chair by now.

lego

I tested a few chairs briefly, really just sat in the leap, gesture and please for more than a minute. But out of those three the leap was actually my least favorite. And I really like the flexible backrest of the please.

Maybe, but maybe not. Also if he got one, I would like to know what he went for and how that turned out.
Your last post also read like everyone was posting advertisements, glad you fixed that.

Yeah I worded it poorly, I meant the necro was an advertisement.

1 Like

I ended up getting a herman miller aeron.

Its…ok. Even the size C doesn’t fit me quite right, and I am surprised just how little you can truly adjust the chair.

On the outside it looks like it has all these buttons and dials, but in reality, it does very little in the way of lumbar position and seat length adjustment.

so worth it? or na?

I would say some where in the middle.

This is by far the nicest chair I have been in that would work for desk use. I have been in better ones but they are more for living room lounging. But I still don’t think its worth the price.

I think they used a lot of really high quality materials in places where it doesn’t matter, and a lot of low quality parts in places where it does matter. For instance the arm rests feel awful and this stupid ergonomic mesh doesn’t really give as much as people claim.

I have sat in some really nice hard wood rocking chairs that feels softer than this mesh.

If I had used the money to make something myself, I probably would have liked it more.

That all being said, I am very accustom to high back chairs. I am very big. Even in the largest size chair that herman miller offers, it still feels a bit small.

It does support me when I tilt forward which was one of my primary objectives.

The reclining and tension adjustments work great.

I give it a lot of credit, but it just doesn’t work well for me.

2 Likes

i was looking at those noble or clutch chairs as i got 600max canadian to spend on a chair and thats the best i can see

I bought the 35.00 leyeahsohoh swivel office chairs. They have padded seat and back. Also are adjustable height . Takes about 5 minutes to put together. They work well . Make sure to get the adjustable ones . Put garbage bags around them after the season they will last longer. Make sure you got carpet on the floor or wheels will make a little noise. Also spray with wd40 to eliminate any squeaks.

Perhaps an answer to a slightly to old topic :slight_smile: I’ll close this on the assumption they got a chair