Looking around for an intel processor lga1155

looking at i3 3220,2100 2120 or similar

i5 2500k or similar

if you have an intel processor with lga 1155 socket and are looking to sell pm me

3rd gen means the number will be either i3/i5/i7-3xxx

What are you looking for and what will you be using it for?

a processor to put in here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130673&Tpk=z77ia. Light gaming probably starcraft 2 is the most intense it will run.

are you serious man? you can run a lot more than starcraft 2 even on a celeron.

should probably mention the graphics card is a 9500gt in the build and i played sc2 on an old build with an 8500gt and an athlon 64

not really the best sc2 experience I was hoping to get a little more an possibly pick up a 6770 or 7770 down the road but not right away

If your gaming 2500k is good and it overclocks really good. If you are doing more video editing than gaming 3570k is your best bet. Not to say the 2500k is bad for editing.

I have a few friends with only i3s in their gaming rigs and they can play most modern games fine, I have a friend with a Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition and he plays Battlefield 3 with me from time to time, he says that he plays at a good frame rate and I can't remember the settings he plays on though. I have another frind who has a GTX 560 Ti paired with an i3 in his system and he runs Skyrim fine on their, even with the game modded to hell it is still playable on his rig. If you are getting the 7770, don't get the GHz Edition from any manufacturer, just overclock it yourself. I would, personally, get the GTX 760 or Radeon 7870 if I was getting a CPU for your style of gaming. The GTX 760 is a bit more expensive, but the performance is much better than you would get for any card in that price range. I still have an EVGA GTX 580 3GB in my gaming rig, and it runs nearly anything I throw at it on Very High-Ultra settings. (I still haven't tried Crysis 3 on my rig yet) If you can find a good price on a GTX 580 3GB (200-250) pick it up, you will may have some bottlenecking with some i3s, but it will be much better than any GPU you find new for that price range. (don't get the 1.5GB, get the GTX 760 instead) If you want Nvidia Shield or want any of the new Nvidia features, go with the GTX 760. Sorry for giving you so much to read through, hope this helps though. And finally, good luck finding a LGA 1155 CPU, I would just buy an i3/i5 off of Newegg (or whatever retailer you prefer) and just put it in your system until you need the 3570k or 3770k.