Look! Another distro search!

Supposedly the T3500 only supports up to 1TB? Not sure why or if this is even accurate.

Probably has something to do with the onboard SATA controller. You can use a PCIe controller if you’d like to use larger disks and it will recognize them just fine.

I’m reading 2.0TB from the spec sheet here:

1 Like

Whoops, got my numbers mixed up again.

1 Like

I can confirm the onboard controller in the T3500 does not like 4TB drives. They come up as 2TB. We tried using two 4TB drives in a repurposed T3500 at work and we were disappointed.

I’d recommend getting a raid card and converting it to HBA mode. I can’t remember the exact model, but I’ve got a couple Dell PERC cards that I IT flashed so they just pass the drives through. Pretty cheap option, and let’s you expand to eight drives per card down the road. PERC H310.

Oh, and you are a bit limited by the T3500 chassis, as far as quantity of hard drives goes. Might need to consider that and future expansion.

2 Likes

Id just go with something like ubuntu-mate if i were you.
You’d be getting the best of both worlds really, tested software, and “somewhat” edgy software.
It has all the jazz like ZFS, and plex etc, and and pretty much what ever else you can come up with.

I’m rocking the H200i in my R510, I think you can get an H200 which comes with a bracket for mounting in the system.