Long-Range Bluetooth adapter

I often wander around the house listening to things from my desktop PC. I’m looking to improve my Bluetooth headphone range. I currently have one of those tiny USB adapters on a USB extension cable so that it sticks up above my monitor so that it is relatively free of obstructions. It works pretty reliably if there is just one wall in between me and the computer, but if there is two…it frequently cuts out entirely.

in researching alternatives, I learned that Bluetooth 5 has mesh capability. yea! :smile: I was thinking I could just put a few Bluetooth 5 devices around the house strategically to get full coverage. But then I learned A2DP isn’t one of the supported profiles. :frowning: It’s only for the “low-energy” profiles. So my current thought is to get an adapter that I can connect an external antenna to. I’m thinking that ought to be better than the dinky little one in the one I have.

Just about the only Bluetooth adapters that i can find are the dinky small ones like what I already have, and ones that have both WiFi and Bluetooth combined in one device with the latter being the only ones that you can hook up an external antenna. The problem is, when I try to look at the specs on those combo devices, there are plenty of details about the WiFi, but very little on the Bluetooth. Here’s an example. The only thing it says is that it is Bluetooth version 5. What I’d really like to know is what the transmission class it is. My current adapter is a class 1 adapter, and I’d like to make sure any one I buy will be class 1 also.

Can I assume these WiFi/Bluetooth combo devices all have class 1 Bluetooth adapters? Does anyone have any recommendations for long-range Bluetooth adapters?