LOL Microsoft wins in the end Console vs. PC

Why does Nintendo count as half? They made console gaming enjoyable. What exclusive on Xbox is better than what's on PC that justifies that garbage over a desktop with Kvm? At least Sony allows full blown PC games to be ran like PS2. Point being, why the hell isn't the Xbox .5???

The dominance of Direct X Is keeping Microsoft around. Its very hard for anything but small indy to stay away from DX development.

It wasn't always like that though. What happened was openGL fractured and directx became the standard and started growing huge after DX8.

Gaming depends on a code base. DX is that code base, with the exception of some indy devs. The level of money involved here with those AAA titles is NFL draft day kind of money year after year.

I have over 100 Linux games, troll elsewhere. Not to mention wine and Xen. I don't care for Ubisoft or EA so no real loss to me. 

I was joking, I know theres more, but windows is just what you use if you want to game properly, or at least immersively.

I clenched my dying father's hand, but he had become too weak to clench mine back. His lips, flecked with the blood he had been coughing up constantly, parted slightly and in a hoarse whisper, barely audible, he said "Son..."

"Yes, Dad?" I knew this moment would be scorched into my memory for the rest of my life - my dying father's last words.

"Closer..." he choked out. I pressed my ear to his lips, desperately hoping he could finish before the dimming light finally faded from his eyes.

"The xbone, it sucks." His weak lungs shuddered out a final laugh, and it ended in his death rattle.

I wiped my eyes, but I couldn't help smiling through the the tears as I let go of his hand. Goddamn, that console is bad.

I don't think immersive  is the word you are looking for. Occulus, Leap Motion, and surround sound all work on Linux.

Properly? this is PC gaming the whole point is there isn't a one size fits all approach.

But yes windows does have a larger catalog of games.

Steam already has about 1000 titles that are running natively in linux,...And that only in a year or so. You never know.