Lol. Kuma 7850 gets the same FPS in crysis and Sta

The amd 940 is $190, and a 955 build would be much cheaper as well. Also just because you can make a AMD system that cost as much as a i7 system is a moot point, and as far as games the CPU < GPU, so theres no need to get the most uber CPU, Â CPUs are so fast now and OS's are becoming lighter theres no real need for the fastest CPU. 90%+ of the people out there don't care, and the only people that do care are most likely gamers which the AMD P2s are awesome for. Don't mean to sound like a fan boy, but right now Intel is out of touch of what buyers want, and are too busy making that fastest CPU that no one has the money for, and very few people will buy. Maybe with the i5 they will have some good CPU for home users but right now AMD is just better for us home users. Home users being any one who uses a PC in their home, for games, editing, internet ect.

the amd 955 is 245 and the i7 920 is 269. 24-34 dollars isnt a lot cheaper.

It is when you add expensive MoBo and not cheap triple channel DDR3 RAM.

sorry Double post mybad.

and my original point was that the i7 920 is priced about what its worth but that its the price of a good x58, and as you mentioned good memory that costs too much.

honistly im not even trying to argue that Intel has its pricing right. if you were to ask me id say that every processor except the i7 920 is at the wrong price point right now.

X58 is a intel chipset, and again for home users intels prices are just too high. They're targeting the professional market not us, so theres no point for buying a i7 really because the AMD cpus are more than enough for us and cheaper. Maybe when the Core i5s come out but the i7s are just not for home users.

and the phenom 2 955 is not priced for "home users" either. i have yet to make mention of the home user or show any concern towards them in any post i have made, your posts aren't even making points against anything iv said which makes me think you are either a thick fanboy or are just trolling, trying to start an AMD vs Intel debate which i do not have any interest in taking part in.

really i dont even have anything to argue until someone can enlighten me on why a more popular company would sell a better cpu for less than the compitions compairable cpu. unless your trying to say that all cpus over like 200 dollars these days are a waste of money for the average gamer, which is really probably true but dosent have to do with what i have been saying.

I have to agree with you that anything higher than the i7 920 is way overpriced. (i7 965 clocked at the same speed as the PII 655 and costs 4 times as much. XD)

its not about the cost of the CPU its about the cost of the build, you have to get a x58 and ddr3 ram with the i7 920. With the 955 you could get DDR2 and a $100 mobo. Also my post have points but your ignoring them. I mean just look the the OPs link then come back and tell me why anyone would pay for a core i7. Its about GPU not CPU, and just about any of the new CPUs can handle games, and by the time they can't you will need a new build anyway.Also why would you call me a fan boy? I've talked about my hopes for the core i5s, the i7s is where my problem is becuase its over priced in terms of the build, which you even agree on.

thats not what iv been arguing. not really interested in it either.

what have you been arguing? that the cpus cost the same? AMD offers more options for people right now, the only new intel CPU that anyone can get is the 920, but it still cost to much imo. Intel needs something that cost less, their 775s have already been cut so we are not going to see any more of them, and the i5s seem like they are going to cost $100 less, but you still have to buy the mobo and ram it seems which keeps the price up at the $800-1000 for the build, where as you can build a AMD system that gets the same FPS in games for $600-800

iv been arguing that intels not really over charging people for that cpu.
im well aware that the price of an x58 and ddr3 puts making an i7 system into a questionable area. i dont want to argue about it because it would fall to much on opinion, its the kind of pointless AMD vs Intel arguement that happens too much, and because theres really nothing to argue. from my posts youll see that i already pretty much agree that its not the best choice for a lot of people. i never said it was a great choice, or even a good one, i said that going withe the i7920 is a good enough choice meaning its not a completely stupid investment like an i7 965, and for a good number of people it can be justified. as i said iv never claimed it to be the best choice for the average gamer or that its a better way to go than AMD.