Load temps very high (90c) HD 7770

Hey guys, until recently my GPU has been fine under load (~60-70c) but now it's peaking up to 96c when under heavy load. I haven't done anything I can think of to cause this issue, but I remember updating my drivers and it started to happen. This may have been a coincidence since I rolled back the drivers through windows (is this the wrong thing to do?) and it's still happening. Today I'm going to buy a CoolerMaster SickleFlow fan, I have a Fractal Design Core 1000 and there's a fan mount on the side panel, directly above where my GPU is (ASUS Radeon HD 7770) so i'll see if that helps. Anyone know any reason it could be happening? The GPU fan speeds up a hell load when it's at 90c, and it sounds like a bootup fan rpm, then the temps drop by like 10c. 

Please can somebody help me out here? 

Cheers,

Elliott

Check for dust buildup, and that all system fans are running. Compressed clean air in a can is a good way to dislodge dust from parts.

Okay I knew something was wrong I haven't had any dust build up and this is my second summer with my Asus HD 7770 and about a month ago my idling temps went from the low 20s to high 30s and mid 40s I chalked it up to summer rolling in (I'm in Texas) and some recent ac issues but even with the ac issues fixed I've gotten idiling down to low 30s and when playing battlefield 4 for 10 mins I'm hitting 79C (with the fan Running around 50% (jet engine speed sound wise)) when in marchish time I wasn't going over low 60s .... Can a driver really cause this? Airflow is defiantly not the problem ....