List of worthy CRT monitors

The fresnel setup is very interesting

I would be interested to know how far you can push the FW900's over advertised spec, do you plan to do anything like that?

I'm typing this on my Mitsubishi DP-2070 CRT. Since this model was introduced in 2002, its specs--a 141 kHz horizontal scan rate paired with a 400 MHz dot clock--have never been surpassed. On Windows XP, I used it to enjoy 2048x1536 at 85 Hz. But nowadays I've been using it at home on Windows 7 Enterprise--my work PC, which I use when I telecommute. And on this setup, I can get only 1280 x 1024 at 85 Hz. In a futile effort to get the full resolution, I've tried every trick but the freeware Powerstrip. Actually, I briefly installed Powerstrip. But its interface confused me and I accidentally up changing the resolution of the wrong monitor.

Anyway, 1.3 million pixels is too little for a pixel junkie like me. So this morning, I ordered a Seiki SE42UGT from H.H. Gregg for $257 shipped. Soon I'll be enjoying four times the glass and six times the pixels.

I've heard nothing but bad things about Seiki but for your purposes its great, Good luck.

Just keep buying them and fill a wall :)

2 year necro. Thread is locked.