List of Interesting AMD Trademark Fillings

So I did some digging around via the USPTO's website.

So you don't have to look at it yourself here's a cleaner version.
https://trademarks.justia.com/owners/advanced-micro-devices-inc-2465522/

Alternatively if you really want to you can try using it here:

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov
1. You need to go to Word and/or Design Mark Search (Structured)
2. Then enter this search string (Advanced Micro Devices)[ON] and (009)[IC] and (LIVE)[LD]

The more verbose you make the search string, the more results you get. Makes sense... So keep your searches simple.

Now for some context:
Remember how X370(AM4 Chipset) was named Promontory? The greek mythology seems strong with AMD. Let's keep that in mind.

I'm pretty sure that the majority of these are Processors. Grok, Joro, Jitzu, Vara and Threadripper in particular.

I suspect that Threadripper is the main CPU that AMD will be announcing and releasing very soon.

Grok, Joro, Jitzu and Vara may well be Mobile parts or APU's of some sort. They're quite a while of still though since the opposition Filing date is listed for June 13. An opposition publishing date if you don't know, refers to the end of the time-frame during which opposition may respond if they think the trademark is illegitimate etc. If nobody complains, the filing party gets the trademark.
In AMD's case it seems they usually announce their products shortly before that date arrives and release them about 1-2 months later. See the Ryzen image below for comparison. Ryzen was filed on July 25 2016, announced December 13, and published for opposition on January 3rd before being released commercially on march 2nd 2017 (according to the doc)

Ryzen as Comparison

Now then:
With regards to Zenso, Aragon, Kyzen, Epyc and Pharos I have no Idea what these may be, and it would be unwise to guess given the generic information, so what follows is pure speculation.

I suspect these may be a Mix of GPU's or Chipsets.

CoreAmp I suspect is some sort of Overclocking / Tweaking / Gaming oriented tool/utility.

As for Promethean I have a sneaking suspicion that may be a Monster CPU or monster CPU Chipset we will see in a while from now.

1. Grok

2. Jitzu

3. Joro

4. Vara

5. Threadripper (Note the Published for opposition date and contrast that with Ryzen's date) March = about 2 months from release

6. Promethean

7. CoreAmp

8. AMD Epyc

9. Pharos

10. Kyzen

11. AMD Aragon

12. Zenso

13. V

14. Radeon RX Vega

4 Likes

nope - like what you did :slight_smile:

Would buy because of name

I dont think you understand.

Try to use this site:

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov

You need to go to Word and/or Design Mark Search (Structured)
and then enter this batshit search string (Advanced Micro Devices)[ON] and (009)[IC] and (LIVE)[LD]

I Think it's some custom search language built on a system that somewhere interfaces with a COBOL wrapper on a mainframe from the 1960's.

Oh and the more verbose you make the search string, the more results you get. Makes sense...

1 Like

Hmmm, hopefully some mobile chips coming to market?

I'm pretty sure that the majority of these are Processors. Grok, Joro, Jitzu, Vara and Threadripper in particular.

I suspect that Threadripper is the main CPU that AMD will be announcing and releasing very soon.

Grok, Joro, Jitzu and Vara may well be Mobile parts or APU's of some sort. They're quite a while of stll though since the opposition Filing date is listed for June 13. AMD seems to usually announce them shortly before that date arrives and release them about 1-2 months later.

As for Zenso, Aragon, Kyzen, Epyc and Pharos I have no Idea. I suspect these may be a Mix of GPU's or Chipsets.

CoreAmp I suspect is some sort of Overclocking / Tweaking / Gaming oriented tool/utility.

As for Promethean I have a sneaking suspicion that may be a Monster CPU or monster CPU Chipset.

Remember how X370(AM4 Chipset) was named Promontory? The greek mythology seems strong with AMD.

1 Like

Update:
1. Cleanup up original post after edit limits were fixed.
2. Moved category to Hardware section instead of Off-Topic