Linux-vfio patch can't install, losing hair

Hello! Long time reader, first time asker. I’m currently running arch linux and trying to implement the linux-vfio patch (aur packages/linux-vfio) [I can’t post links] because I need to take advantage of the acs override for passing through my 5700 XT. I’m following the archlinux site’s (Arch_User_Repository) guide in order to install it, because it keeps getting posted along with it. But when I actually run pacman -U linux-6.9.3.tar.xz, it returns
loading packages…

error: missing package metadata in linux-6.9.3.tar.xz
error: ‘linux-6.9.3.tar.xz’: invalid or corrupted package

6.9.3 is my kernel version. I hope somebody can help me out with what I’m doing wrong. Additional information is available if you need it.
What follows is the contents of the directory in/from which I am doing the install
[mau@archlinux linux-vfio]$ ls
1001-6.8.0-add-acs-overrides.patch
linux-6.9.3.tar.xz
README.md
1002-6.8.0-i915-vga-arbiter.patch
linux-v6.9.3-arch1.patch.zst
src
config-6.9.3
linux-v6.9.3-arch1.patch.zst.sig
linux-6.9.3.tar.sign
PKGBUILD
edited for readability

For the sake of completeness, I’ll post this here for people who need it. I got advice from the maintainer of the package.
These are the commands that need to be run for it to work.
sudo pacman -S base-devel git
git clone (insert link here)linux-vfio.git
cd linux-vfio
makepkg -s --skippgpcheck
wait a long time for build
sudo pacman -U linux-vfio-6.9.3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst linux-vfio-headers-6.9.3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

1 Like

just use -zen which has the acs module available. Then all you must do is add “pcie_acs_override=downstream,multifunction” to the kernel boot parameters.

That method works the best, just separates all iommu groups out so it makes it easy to just attach devices. Does not harm from what I can see.