Linux(Ubuntu. Mint) not refreshing at 144hz

So i’ve been really keen to use linux as a daily driver. But a huge downside for me is that 144hz is not working properly on linux. I’ve used ubuntu and mint with multiple different desktop environments tested, none of them work with 144hz well. Even though the mouse cursor is running at 144hz, everything else is running way below that. When loading UFO refresh rate test, chrome was only displaying at 48hz. Please do note that games do run at 144hz. I already tried configuring it in the nvidia settings panel and also tried using xrandr to force run the frame rate. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Otherwise linux would definitely be not a option for me :frowning:

How did you get UFO refresh rate test to work? Whenever I try, it says not supported in Linux.

If you set nvidia settings to 144hz, and it works in games, I don’t see what the problem is. Other than some artifical test, that could be broken, what leads you to believe you aren’t getting the proper refresh rate?

Compared to windows, dragging, opening apps, scrolling through the browser is much more smooth. I am really sad that this is the case. Might just run linux as a virtual machine for my peogramming