Linux Software List

RAW processing / developing of digital images. Very VERY mighty tool.

[Homepage]

2 Likes

this is a questionnaire that might help people decide on a distro.

1 Like

“Please be careful when using development versions. Create enough backups if you’re using a production database with Password Safe. It is possible that data loss will occur, though I give my best that this will never happen.”

:+1:

You can now have your desktop icons for good on Gnome desktop.

1 Like

If you guys enjoy writing, Bibisco is a great tool available on Linux operating systems.

Had been looking for something similar to Scrivener on Linux. This comes pretty damn close.

http://www.bibisco.com/

1 Like

Lollypop for audio playback. Evince for document reader. Seconding pass for terminal based password manager. Also cowsay and fortune because why aren’t those there already??!!

Just for setting the record straight, you now can use Firefox to watch Netflix and other DRM’d media :wink:.

3 Likes
  • Flameshot ( screenshot software with nice quick editing )
  • Stacer ( user friendly system monitoring program )
  • Etcher ( very easy to use boot stick creator, not sure if it works for Windows boot sicks )
1 Like

WPS Office ( Microsoft office file support, 700million users cross platform, cloud and mobile support )

This should probably be removed or marked as no longer maintained. Last version was released 2017-06-15 which is a shame as it was a very good looking office suite that showed allot of potential.

Did they cancel development? I loved that software.

They sent out a tweet out more than a year ago stating that development of the Linux software has been put on halt. Hopefully this is only temporary.

2 Likes
3 Likes

#facepalm

Never saw this post, glad they are continuing but they haven’t had an update in more than a year.

Free to download but needs an e-mail address and a user account, but it used to be $60.

Tracktion 7 is Freeware btw not fully FOSS.

1 Like

& @StrY

2 Likes

Thanks for the mention, glad they are still developing. Guess I’ll be installing WPS again, Libre Office’s UI really doesn’t compare.

2 Likes

No problems bro.

Looks like the big list contains most of the software I use, but there’s also :-

• graphviz: A collection of command-line tools for generating graphs (in the blobs connected by lines sense of the term) from a text description. Really useful for generating visualisations from scripts.
  • simh: Because who doesn’t want a 3b2 emulator? At least those who used to look after one back in the 1980s.

why are terminal multiplexers not mentioned? are you all scrubs?

…oh its for normie windows alternatives… okay. nevermind.

Yeah, its says so in the description.

u can use ANSI on linux I used it to make colorful bootup screens for dos with that, you know when dos wasn’t emulated in doze

OK what about doom engine ports GZDoom, ZDoom and Zandronum - it’s the best game community, I play it once a month at least since '95 \m/ \m/

Emulators: DOSBox, FS-UAE, MAME, ScummVM

And what about a section with only Desktop Environments, it’s a pretty big deal in windows