Linux Phone Hub

They’re shipped in batches, not sent out immediately, so it depends on where you are in the batch process when you order.

That said…

• Order placed at Pine Store on July 31, 2020
  • DHL Shipping notification on August 30, 2020
  • Pine Store order completion notice on August 31, 2020
  • DHL delivery on September 2, 2020.
2 Likes

I’m holding out for the 3GB variant. I just don’t think 2G is enough for much these days, unless you’re using a TWM…

Thanks dude. Been wanting something like this.

1 Like

:slight_smile: They were sold out of the vintage/branded one? All good

I’m holding out for the 3GB variant.

I believe the convergence editions are 3GB. It shouldn’t be too long before they open up preorders for Manjaro Edition. :slight_smile:

Though, right now, I think crappy software is more of a problem than the hardware limitations.

I think you need 48GB of RAM to run gnome-settings-daemon right now. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m hoping I don’t have to use phosh… Gnome is notoriously slow.

I’m hoping to get into development for it. Maybe quit my job and do that full time for a few months.

2 Likes

No matter what thread I enter I am continuously personally attacked and victimized.

Mods please help me

1 Like

There is no salvation to come with moderators; for the mods use KDE

4 Likes

don’t think 2G is enough for much these days, unless you’re using a TWM…

Speaking of… I haven’t seen it mentioned in this thread, so I’m gonna put it here.

https://sr.ht/~mil/Sxmo/

It’s a custom dwm fork + Xorg + Suckless tools.

Realistically, the Pinephone is not going to replace my phone until my municipal transit authority releases an open source app, and I expect that to happen sometimes around the heat death of the universe.

So, this device is not a smartphone for me. It’s more like a mobile server + access point. I’m going to embrace it’s weirdness, and Sxmo seems to fit quite well.

I might focus on that as the TUI for an OpenBSD port.

3 Likes

Yeah, saw this. it’s…

oof.

living in a city

This phone isn’t for you anyways.

3 Likes

Lmao omg dude. Imagine calling your significant other from a tiling window manager.

This is God Tier Level III

3 Likes

This phone isn’t for you anyways.

Says the guy who doesn’t have one, to the guy who does. :stuck_out_tongue:

The fact that this device won’t replace my phone is a feature, not a bug.

1 Like

I’m trying to get you to sell it to me xD

1 Like

I’ve been looking to get something besides GoogleOS on my phone and Verizon locks a bunch of shit that prevents me from installing Lineage and all that jazz. So I figured what could go wrong with something under $200? :upside_down_face:

Sold?

1 Like

wait what? that’s insane. I haven’t heard of that in years.

Yeah bootloader is locked. I couldn’t ever get root. I even tried some beyond shady shit (instructions were in Cantonese or some shit my network is FUBAR right now).

So I said F it and bought this thing. Didn’t wanna pay what Librum was asking.

You sure fastboot oem unlock doesn’t help?

1 Like

I don’t recall if I tried that. But the XDA forums basically said I would have to run an exploit against my own device and maybe it would work.

I’m just going to stop using Verizon lol

1 Like

Or stop buying phones from verizon…

I was on verizon with an amazon-bought device for a long time.

Just buy the uncocked variant.

1 Like

That’s a good idea, too. I always forget about “Unlocked” options

1 Like