- AMD R7 3700x
- Asus Crosshair VII Hero (x470) bios 3004 (Agesa 220.127.116.11 with patch b)
- Asus 2060 RTX DUAL
2x or 4x Ripjaws V (Samsung B die) (F4-3200C14-32GVK)
I experience an issue with 4x ram sticks 64GB ram installed and using the Nvidia proprietary drivers.
The same setup with only 2x ram sticks (32GB) works fine. (currently running manjaro KDE 18.1.5, with kernel 5.5)
The usb-live sessions boot, but when running any live-CD with the proprietary drivers active the whole computers hangs. This means, all fans spin full speed black screen, reboot button not functioning, power-off not functioning, I have to physically remove mains to shutdown the PC in this situation.
I’ve tested with Pop! OS, OpenSuse, Manjaro XFCE / Gnome / KDE, Fedora. (all hang with 64GB installed)
So I don’t know what is going on (nvidia driver blob issue? / kernel panic? / Motherboard AGESA panic? / CPU ram controller hardware error?.)
Booting the mentioned distros using the Nouveau / opensource drivers works fine with 64GB installed, only with the proprietary drivers the computer hangs.
With “only” 32GB installed everything works fine.
- Is there a way to retrieve some debug information?
- Helping pin point the issue, to be more specific?
- Where to report this issue? (Nvidia dev forum / AMD Agesa issue?)
- Any one have this issue with AMD based GFx cards? (long shot)