Linux on the Acer Swift 3 (SF315-41) - Memory & reboot problems

Okey. 1Do you use tlp? Can you give me the output of sensors, battery (in the hwinfo program) min average and max power in Windows ? The same as powertop with Linux(0 programas min brightness), it is for compare one power usage with the other in idle.

2Other thing is the power consumption when the pc is power off. The next time can you count the lost percent and the hours have you let it off? The forums ihave read tells that is 7 percent per 24 hours. I think this is too much…

4In manjaro I have not found any problems with newest kernels in the Asus(ryzen 5 3550h+and Rx 560) I have returned. Only the power usage … Can you try the last kernel in Ubuntu and put the output of sudo powertop for seeing if there is an improve with newer kernels? Other thing you can see if there is freezes with other kernels in Ubuntu (if you don’t know how to install newer kernels in Ubuntu try it with manjaro )

5Tell me the output of cpupower idle-info

pD : much thanks and pls for all of these questions and sorry again por these shitty tests, I have returned one laptop, I don’t want to return other …
I want to buy amd for price and graphics but if Linux and amd is not good combination… I will go for intel :frowning: with no Nvidia Nvidia os the shittest thing in the world xD

I’ve started having issues again, the computer froze 3 times this morning so I strongly advice you and anyone that wants to use Linux against buying this machine. Don’t think it makes sense to run those tests now :frowning:

shit, okey, I m goign to think to buy an intel

PD: what version of bios do you have?
and the problem of frozens with which kernel in ubuntu? have you tried to put the latest HWE? I mean 5.0

anyways, can you give me the output of cpupower idle-info at least?

I am here again, any news? did you give a try o kernel 5.5?
I have returned 5 laptops already XD not for the linux compaibility, but the hardware was giving me errors, example, the acer swift shutdown drains the battery betwin 10-20 percen each day …
apart from this, I got the freezes too, like you, not so many but a few in the day, very annoying.
The last kernel I tried was 5.2 I think, i am not sure. and you?

PD: the battery compsumption in the laptop was so good(when running, while was powered off it is a shame in other side) , in addition.

Hi again @Alberto_Gomez_Marin :slight_smile:

I’ve got rid of that machine and bought a Lenovo ThinkPad E590 which is running Manjaro Linux flawlessly (except for the fingerprint reader which doesn’t work :confused: ) so I can’t provide further help on this topic sorry.

Good luck

1 Like

Since the problems was (kinda) solved I’ll close this thread for now. OP or anyone else if you feel you want to continue the discussion feel free to message me or other Leaders to get thread open again.