Linux Loving (not just friendly) ryzen3000 mobo. Does it exist?

Hello all,

I figured getting a Ryzen3700x combo on Gygabyte x470 Gaming Ultra might be a good idea. I imaged the kinks having been ironed out after half a year, but am about to throw in the towel. Nothing so far has prevented my rig from freezing without kernel panic (yikes!). It just suddenly dies. The GB bios (now 42g) doesn’t expose settings that have been suggested to the c6 state issue and a kernel hack disabling that seem to have limited effect.

It seems the GB boards are pretty win focused anyway, so I figured I should find another that does allow for a stable install. Stable is my issue here I don’t care much for FPS or that extra 5% perf. Not keeling over while getting coffee or not at kb for a year, kind of stable.

Anyone here that has managed that with 3700x? If so, on what board and what tweaks? My limited budget prevents me from just setting up several rigs for fun, so help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

out of curosity … what distro?

Ive been using a 3700x and a x470d4u motherboard with Fedora 30/31 without any kernel panics or weirdness happening.

1 Like

Currently using the Gigabyte AORUS Elite X570 paired with a 3700x, no issues in arch atleast