Linux Gaming

Retards*

sounds like someone’s a little anally hemorrhoided (read: rectally mortared) about not getting in while it was worth it

The reason why I want to stay on Linux is simply because it’s a fundamentally insecure decision to keep your os/files under the possible control of an outsider or company server.

As for gaming, people can bash on consoles all they want…

• but now that windows is acting like malware
  • steam has a monopoly and you don’t really own your games
  • hardware vendors can put blobs to restrict/influence what you can do with what you bought

we’re effectively in a console-like experience on PC, with none of the benefits of a console.

I really don’t see how PC is a better experience in 2017.

inb4 muh mani FPS muh pixels (that costs a gorrilion rupees).

Hardly. I’ve just decided that if a cottage industry, and that is what it is, can seriously fuck up literally everyone who needs a gpu, that that by itself is fucking stupid.

But thats for another thread.

1 Like

I’d say go find a Fury X or Nano. They are gods at pulling OpenGL titles, and only a few months ago the FuryX was the king of OpenGL, if not still. Plus if you use wine ever you will probably have better performance than you would in windows, or at least thats been the case with me :stuck_out_tongue:

Just get yourself a new GPU. That helps with the grumpiness. And drivers.

1 Like

Indeed.

I had a PX7900GT for years. It was the first GPU I had ever gotten and it overclocked like a god. I had it for too long and when I got a 250X, a god damn 250X, I smacked myself for thinking that my GPU was fine and no one was doing drivers correctly.

Just pull the trigger dood.

In what world is a 80Bn dollar enterprise supporting a 150Bn dollar market that can buy equipment more effectively than every gamer on earth combined a “cottage insdustry?” Lmao. Welcome to the future.

You already tried that if I recall correctly, how’d it go?

[Me, in extremely Jalil White voice]: “Whoops, did I do that?”

Consoles are fine if PCs aren’t your hobby.

Well, if you don’t trust companies, would like to own your games for a long time and actually like to fiddle with hardware, like @useraddf implied, then no, consoles are not fine.

That’s why I qualified the statement with “if PCs aren’t your hobby.”

That said, you never have to buy a from a specific supported gpu list or reinstall a different spin of your PS4’s OS to get rocket league working

That was purely about vega and I said all i wanted to say about it. Anything further in that thread was literally everyone else who posted.

In 20 years I highly doubt that cryptocurrencies will be around. And if they are they’ll be used by corps and businesses and not by normal people.

Its cute to see you think you’re clever though.

Good luck OP.

OK, that deals with the last point. What about the other two?

Consoles are, well were easier to maintain and mostly “just worked”. But since the last generation that changed, actually it changed over the lifespan of PS3/X360. Patches for banana-software, bunch of login stuff to deal with, broken security, games just going dark because servers got shut down, … And of course you also have to buy new hardware to play the new stuff on consoles, you’re just not buying components but a whole damn new thing.

… me no type good anymore. will sleep meow.

the one lucid thing you’ve said in this thread. and then:

That’s because everyone holding BTC in 20 years will be rich enough to own one or both.

There’s plenty of worthless shit in the ecosystem, but you picked one of the only things that isn’t.

@noenken, You’re describing steam and GFWL too with the distribution changes, and the only difference in upgrade cycles is incremental VS generational. Also, people still own dreamcasts and PS2’s. By the time a significant portion of old HW is dead, the system can be emulated. Only exception is the original Xbox, which had, like, one exclusive.

Na I consider PC being my hobby, it’s just that dropping 500+ CAD$ because I don’t want to be bothered to install windows is not a gud use of illuminati paper

yeah dude, do what works for you. I think both are perfectly valid options.

…But you don’t own steam games

Adult Legos are expensive :frowning:

He’s not an adult. It explains most of his behavior.

I am running with Ubuntu Mate 17.04.

Works out of the box with Steam just one click away from the software botique.

Literally the easiest distro I have ever used.

1 Like