Linux Gaming - Elite Dangerous - How to make my TFRP working?

Hi everyone :wave:,

I just recently purchased my Thrustmasters TFRP Pedals (discount :dancer:). I am trying to make them work with Elite Dangerous in Fedora. Downloading the app jstest-gtk, I noticed that the joystick is seen/detected by my PC (or at least that’s what I believe). So my guess is that perhaps Steam or the game is not recognizing it. Can someone help? Any ideas?

Notes:
-My H.O.T.A.S. is recognized by the game :triumph:.

• I am just a simple normie, so I am not tech-savvy :sob:.

Thanks in advance :hugs:. Regards.

imagen

How do you know they’re not recognized? I mean, if you go into controls config in the game, and try to assign a peddle to an axis, what happens?

I’m not familiar with gaming in Linux, but have 1000s of hours in Elite as a normie windows user :wink: … How are you running the game, through a virtual machine, or an emulator or what?

Hi :wave:, I am using Proton. Perhaps people will hang me :rage: but I believe it is an emulator for running games in linux :crazy_face:.

Inside de game, I go to Options → Controls → Preadjustments → Thrustmasters. Then I go to flight rotation and when assigning a key, I move the pedals and nothing is registering as yaw axis (hope the translation is correct :triumph:).

Not sure if I am doing something wrong.