Linux Experts Welcome to Help Get my USB Wireless Adapter 'Driven' (please)

Thanks Adubs.

I also noticed another adapter that is available from the merchant that sold me my current one.

It’s the TP-LINK TL-WN722N and it’s going for a couple of dollars less than the one I have.

It is listed here: https://www.wirelesshack.org/top-linux-compatible-usb-wireless-adapters.html just after the Pandas and Alfa and will apparently be well supported by Linux due to having an Atheros AR9271 Chipset.

Hopefully the shop will be willing to do a straight swap, especially given that the one I bought was already someone else’s (opened) returned goods due to ‘change of mind’. I can always work my way up to an Alfa though; something to strive towards I guess.

There’s also a slight chance that Dr_Greven will help me get this one going when he’s free but I’d rather avoid hassling people, particularly if I’m going to run into the same issue with other distros and platforms.

Thanks for all of your help

1 Like

Thats a pretty decent one and IIRC its supported by kernel drivers.

1 Like

Another option I should have mentioned earlier: An old router as a bridge could do the same thing, most likely even a bit better. Of course that means you have to hook it up via ethernet. You mentioned that you are currently cabled up but I suspect the goal is to change that. (?) So that might be another option.

1 Like