Linux build HALP!

the worst thing about linux is trying build your own packages!
can someone help decipher this error?

g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DUGLOBALHOTKEY_NOEXPORT -DDATADIR="/usr/share" -DPKGDATADIR="/usr/share/toontown-controls" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -Ilibraries/UGlobalHotkey -Ilibraries/UGlobalHotkey -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui/5.5.1 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui/5.5.1/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g+±64 -o main.o src/main.cpp
In file included from src/controller.h:25:0,
from src/mainwindow.h:26,
from src/main.cpp:22:
libraries/UGlobalHotkey/uglobalhotkeys.h:9:29: fatal error: xcb/xcb_keysyms.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Makefile:433: recipe for target ‘main.o’ failed
make: *** [main.o] Error 1

what is it that I am missing?
Here is the link to the project I am attempting and failing to build

uglobalhotkeys.h attempts to #include xcb_keysyms.h but the file doesn’t exist. You are either missing the corresponding headers or haven’t told the compiler where to find them.

Your issue has nothing to do with Linux btw, this is plain C compilation. It’s a lot harder on Windows trust me.

doesn’t seem to exist
not sure if I didn’t do something I was supposed to or what happened I’ll have to contact the creator
Also I know I just tossing blame at linux b/c it’s the easy target

libraries/UGlobalHotkey/uglobalhotkeys.h:9:29: fatal error: xcb/xcb_keysyms.h: No such file or directory

That seems to be the problem. What is this thing supposed to do?
Update GCC if there is an update. Sometimes that fixes stuff for me.

Most likely you are missing a dependency. Look up which packages are required to build and make sure you’ve got them all installed. Depending on your distribution you may have to install a “build” or “dev” package as well. Some distros only ship the binaries by default and put the headers into external packages so make sure you’ve got the headers, not just the binaries.

Required dependency packages: TODO
I’m also all up to date

I’ll check the -dev stuff