Linux. adding data (packet?) block-mode to kernel possible?

Not a dick at all, but OP had a short question so this just felt to be a bit balls deep lol

Possibly, but there’s either some extreme mental gymnastics going on, or there’s something he knows that I clearly don’t understand. So if there’s something I don’t get and he does then I want to know about it, and if its something he doesn’t get about electronics maybe he will understand now. Either way someone is learning.

2 Likes

Not to my hardware, first of all. From my hardware is basically the starting point and from which the idea arose. Specifically firmware, is the part im interested in. Is it possible to measure this, analyze what comes out of the computer on a hardware, electronic/electricity level, not talking about watts, as in a watt-o-meter, perhaps data-packets was the thought :slight_smile:

Not sure i get rest of your input, still thank you. There is definetly some info there

1 Like

So If I am to understand the problem fully, you think that there might be a way for a signal to be sent out via your power cable and/or ethernet cable at the hardware level that could be picked up on.

So as far as a signal going out over the power lines from your computer, no. Cant happen. Full bridge rectifier means power can go in but none can go out and so a signal is a no go. An oscilloscope would show you any signals if there was any to be found. If there was something coming from the computer you would either have bad components in your PSU or you are in some parallel universe where electronic components dont work the same way they have since their creation.

Ethernet communication is another story, but in order for it to communicate with your router and the rest of the internet in some meaningful way it would have to be a signal the router recognizes otherwise the connection would likely be dropped or ignored. There is a standard to how they negotiate the connection. Anything deviating from the norm is no communication at all. I suppose its possible that were all being lied to about this and there is some backdoor method the government has control of but the idea that this could exist and no one has leaked info about it would be…rough.

So that only leaves normal communication, which would have been spotted I think by anyone interested in sniffing what traffic is going over their own lines by now.

3 Likes

Exactly and the rest of your post was an awesome read, thank you.

1 Like