Linux Academy

Yea I have home server(Fedora 25) and working with multiple vms is sort of what I am working with now. Sort of been thinking about building systems and then break them and try to repair them rather than reload to learn that in a VM. I am definitely just into learning anything and everything. I really like the ZFS system since i got my feet wet with servers on Freenas 9.3 and 9.10. So Fedora is running ZFS on its storagee drives.

I use Linux Academy. It's a bit expensive, but you get 6 VPSs to use for labs and the courses are pretty well structured. If you're the type that doesnt really need structure then Linux Academy is probably too expensive for you. But i appreciate the course structure and being able to keep track of where i left off and pick right back up. The courses there cover everything from AWS to Linux to OpenStack for all experience levels too.

tl;dr it's well made and comparable to online college courses, but at $29 a month it's expensive.

1 Like

Do you have Allan Jude's book?

2 Likes

On my list next one to buy actually.

Yea I think my learning style and life would possibly benefit from being able to pick up where I left off.
Youtube videos are great but if I get interrupted in middle of it or if the person is sort of all over the place at explaining seems to throw me off.
Archwiki is great and I have referenced many many times.

Think that's still better then what i payed for 10 two hour lessons at Uni. Cost me £400.

1 Like

Just wanted to post this here for guy like me that enjoy video tutorials. Really Great series and I am also reading
How Linux Works
Freebsd Mastery ZFS

For the amount you get at LinuxAcademy, 29 bucks is worth it.

1 Like