Linux 144hz / 240hz on the Desktop?

I do that anyway but not for that reason.

What exactly? You mean scrolling? The moments in between reading? xD

Everything feels good… animations, scrolling, manipulating pages, youtube playback at greater than 1x. If you havent tried it then you dont know what you dont know.

Yeaaaah, … I don’t think that’s important to me. Like, animation in a browser is pissing me off more than anything, it doesn’t help me in any way. I always think ‘cut that crap and get me where I actually want to go faster’. I’m currently on macOS but when I have my linux box back together I might look how it feels in other browsers than chrome.

And youtube faster than 1x is something I only listen to anyway, that tab is just running in the back not rendering any frames.

that doesnt mean its not important to anyone.

Sure, but I am only me. … So that is the perspective I can give here. Right?

You asked who gives a shit.

I answered, I do.

If you dont, cool. Good job.

1 Like

Exactly. I always wonder about people’s senses when they argue such things. We still don’t have the black quality or latency of CRTs, and the first decade of LCDs were really a step backwards. Of course they’re convenient in many ways, but the profit margin aspect reminds me of the story of dairy homogenization which obfuscated the amount of milk fat. The separated milk fat was housewives’ indicator of quality when delivered on doorstep.

How did you verify 240hz in Chrome? Blurbuster’s UFO test?

precisely

Nice. Does it matter which windows manager is used & if using wayland or Xorg?

negative

I wounder how it looks…

My AOC CQ32G1 came with a driver disc containing:

• User guide
  • Monitor driver
  • G-Menu Software
  • e-Saver Software
  • Screen+ Software

Just for reference.

And it didn’t work without that?

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.