Limited fuctionality with Creative Soundblaster AE-9

I bought a Creative Soundblaster AE-9 a few months back specifically for the functionality of the breakout box it has, because of its xlr connection, and the audio tweaks available for it. I’ve been attempting to make the move to linux recently, but the biggest hurdle is this audio device, because while the sound card itself works, and shows up in linux, the breakout box does not function at all. Is there some specific packages I could install in order to try and fix it, or am I stuck looking for a workaround? I’ve been hoping that there has been some alsa library I may be missing that could restore functionality, but there is very little to go on for someone new to linux.

You are the first person I come accorss to own that unit.

Does the desktop unit show up as a seperate sound device in windows? If not, then it may be fully integrated in the software/driver package.

It shows up as three separate devices in device manager in windows. Sound Blaster AE-9, Sound Blaster AE-9s, and Sound Blaster Audio Controller.

1 Like

i also have the AE-9 with the audio dac linux has a driver for everything? yea ok ! no it dont because u can not use the DAC with this soundcard at all! with any linux distro! please make a driver soon linux !

you ever find out a fix for this i also have the AE-9 and i can not use the DAC or as u called it the break away box. thats a DAC btw. and there seems to be no driver or support for it.