LGA775 Motherboards: Any good ones around?

Okay, so my birthday is coming up, and I'm looking for a new motherboard.  Only thing is, I have a P5KPL-CM from ASUS, and I want more than 4GB of DDR2 RAM, which is all this one allows, and DDR3 would be wonderful.  So, I don't want to get a new CPU, and my current one is socket LGA775.  I've looked all around, and I can't find any good motherboards with that socket.  It's also open to discussion as to whether I REALLY need to get a new CPU..  It's an Intel Pentium 4, clocked at 2.5 GHz but overclocked to 3.26 GHz.  What I need these things for is gaming, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.

I would go for a whole new system.

^the lowest of the low end modern CPUs will out perform it by 2 fold

list your mobo model, more ram won't help you, if I can find out what the max CPU upgrade you can have, then you can buy a hefty CPU upgrade for under 40 bucks

I've had a GIGABYTE EP45C-DS3R and that supports decent overclocking, 45nm core2duo/quads and ddr3 to 2000.

Do you have a p4 or a E5200, cause that's fine if you oc it. It can beat an athlon II x2, but not a 2.9 sandy/ivybridge pentium dual core

I have an E5200.

I have an ASUS P5KPL-CM motherboard.  My CPU is an Intel dual core Pentium 4 E5200.  I'm really looking for a new motherboard, so are there any bundles or anything that I could get (mobo and CPU)?

After I've switched from 2GB ddr2 to 8GB ddr3, I had a little trouble finding the right spot for overclocking. In my case, with a stock 10x multiplier on a e7300, I had to just up the FSB. I reccomend leaving voltage settings to auto, in my experience, fooling around with them only caused instabillity or failure to even post (the dual bios came in handy)

Okay, I was looking around at CPUs as well and found literally ZERO that were under even $70.  Please, do tell where you see them for under $40.  If it's less than two cores though, I can't use it.

Pentium Dual Core E5200*, not pentium 4

And is it the newer 45nm wolfdale? If so you could probably spend money more wisely by buying a good cooler which you can use on a newer system later on, and until then overclocking this as high as you can.

ebay

I'd recommend a e8400, e8500, e8600 dual core or Q8400 or above for a quad core, and a heatsink, a cooler master 212 or xigmatek gaia should be plenty

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INTEL-CORE-2-QUAD-Q8400-SLGT6-2-66GHZ-4M-1333-05A-PROCESSOR-CPU-/251296906650?pt=CPUs&hash=item3a82767d9a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-2-Duo-E8500-SLA9K-3-16GHz-6M-1333-Socket-775-TESTED-/221247024590?pt=CPUs&hash=item338359adce

I really wouldn't put more than 70 bucks into a dead socket so go for a e8400 or above if you can get them cheap

He's fine with his 5200, the difference is minimal anyway (except for quad cores, today they really make a difference). If it's a wolfdale, even so, just clock it higher and save money for a proper upgrade later on. I myself made the jump from an e7300 to an i7 4770. I like to skip 5 generations at a time (before that I've had dual pentium 3 till 2008)

photoshop and after effects will like those extra 2 cores

Update:  I got a whole new system and stuck it in the old case because my case looks cool.

I got an Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 with 16GB of 2400MHz DDR3 and an AMD FX-4350 CPU.  All for about 300 bucks.  I got a coupon for buy one RAM kit get one free at Microcenter, so that helped a hell of a lot.

Thats a nice combo. How does the FX4350 performs?