LGA 2011 ~150usd

Hi, I am a avid gamer and have a rig that has a few limitations, mainly the motherboard. I work in retail so i don't have a arm and a leg to spend but would like to get something reliable and that has SLI support. If you guys have any suggestions i would really appreciate your input. As for price 150-200~USD is all I could really fork out due to bills and things but will look into whatever you guys think may be my best bet. Thanks in advance! Natalie.

What your going to find in the 2011 flavor for 150usd is ...well nothing the cheapest new mother board i could find was a biostar tpower which runs a round 190usd one of the main downsides is this is one of the very early 2011 boards as it only features 4 ram dimms. Though it does support SLI and crossfire for up to 3 nvidia cards and 4 amd cards. I trust biostar (used a few of their t-series boards mainly the 9xx amd boards) and have found that they are usually great boards. In this case id recommend you save some money for something like an asus p9x79 which will run you about 200-240 usd depending on the site and day of the week.

Another route is going to the z87 or the 990fx platform as they both support SLI and there are a many more options for lower prices. Though if you are already invested into a 2011 CPU this may not be an option, but just my thoughts.

is there a reason why you need socket 2011?  intel Z87 or AMD 990FX also support sli, and have much cheaper options in therms of mobo´s, and on the amd route also on cpu´s. but if you allready own a Socket 2011 cpu, then its better to stay on that platform, but you realy need to spend more then, what is your current motherboard?  an Gigabyte GA-X79A-UP4 or Asrock X79A- Extreme 6 cost arround $225.

Can you also explain what your limitations are?

Grtz Angel ☺

Thanks for your input, i am currently invested in an I7-3770 Cpu and would like to use the same processor which i found out after posting this that is a LGA1155, not 2011 but i still was looking for something sorry to get you to respond without fully investigating, sadly i made this post without google, (work) so...  

Thanks for your input, i am currently invested in an I7-3770 Cpu and would like to use the same processor which i found out after posting this that is a LGA1155, not 2011 thanks for the advice do you happen to have any for the LGA1155?

i looked at the MSI z77a-gd65 board for 177usd and it has 3 pci-e slots does anyone have any advice on this board?

that msi is a good board as far as i know since you have a 3770 non K cpu, overclockability is not realy an issue

or this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157295

THe Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 has also a dual sli support at X8 pci-e 3.0.

+1.  If you have a non-K CPU, the MSI z87-GD65 is quite overkill.

for gaming dont bother with the 2011, its expensive and gives u little advantage if any over what you have now.