LG tanking to 1 fps, crashing Linux

I’m unsure of what’s causing it, but I managed to get GPU Passthrough working with Kubuntu 18.04 and I’m using a Windows VM via Virtual Machine. I’m trying to use Looking Glass on my game in the VM and it manages 60UPS > 120FPS with no issues, but after some time, my LG window tanks to 1FPS and gets a bunch of bad choppy audio until it’s no more. Tabbing into Linux causes it to freeze completely.

I’m unsure of what’s causing this and I was curious if anyone had any input.

i7-8700k 4.5ghz
MSI Z370A-Pro
MSI Nvidia GTX 1070
EVGA Nvidia GTX 670 FTW
HyperX 16GB Ram

I’ve monitored everything and i’m not really torquing above 65% CPU usage, and the 670 displaying LG on the Linux side isn’t even using 25% of its memory. All drivers have been updated, LG has even been set to FIFO, etc.

Any ideas?

What is the PSU situation?

Thermaltake Smart Series 600W SLI / CrossFire Ready Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply Haswell Ready PS-SPD-0600NPCWUS-W

Currently powering both cards with no issues.

Wait, YOUR game? Or just a game you own?

Game I own,

I think I’ve found the cause. I stress tested my GPUs and it seems the 670 is only using a max of 15% power consumption.

the PSU only has 2 6+2 pin connectors on a single line, I’m using 1 for my 1070 bc it’s 8 pin, and 2 MOLEX adapters for the 2 6 pin’s it requires for the 670.

I may have use the 2 6+2’s on the 670 and find an adaptable MOLEX for the 1070 I guess.