LG 34UC98-W Ultrawide Monitor Review | 21:9 Epicness | Tek Syndicate

Hey @Logan Question - have you tried this with other monitors connected to the PC...?
If so, when the monitor wakes, do you find that all content has been pulled together onto the LG desktop area?

Great review.
IĀ“m realy interested in this monitor.

I got myself the 34UC97. Previous model. Great monitor. Awesome build quality and the picture looks great. Slight backlights bleeding but you can only see it when the screen is totally black. 21:9 3440x1440 is absolutely amazing. Games look super crisp and having the extra view space in games is a major upgrade.

Game is called Black Desert, its a online mmo rpg. It cant be found in steam though, you can only get it from their website I think.

Video is already on the eBay listing LOL

Yeah backlight bleeding is pretty much a slight issue on most ips monitors.
Still the overall color quality and viewing angleĀ“s of LG AH-ips panels in general,
Makes it all good for me.
There are ofc a vew cheap ips monitors on which the backlight bleed might be awfull.
But LG monitors are most of the times pretty decent.

Yup I've been very impressed with lg lately. 5 years ago I would have never bought an lg. Now they are on the top of my list.

Yeah most ips monitors out there on the market have a LG panel inside.
I personaly have a Philips 3D AH-ips 75Hz 1080p monitor, which ofc has an LG panel inside, and its great.

But wenn iĀ“m going to upgrade my monitor setup,
i will definitely go directly with LG.
Those Korean 4K monitors are realy appealing aswell.
But they are hard to get for me anyway, and i dont mind paying a premium for something good.
As my eyes are involved.

1 Like

It's definitely worth paying a premium when it comes to your monitor. Probably one of the most under appreciated hardware