LF case to fit an SSI EEB board into

I am looking for recommendations on the smallest case I can fit an Intel S2600CP2J (SSI EEB) into. I have no problems drilling and tapping extra holes to make it fit into the case. I was looking at the Phanteks Enthoo Pro but find this to be a bit too big for my taste. Any suggestions on an E ATX or ATX case I can modify to house this motherboard?

I have done that to two in win 303s and one 805.

Not bad options once I can modify them. Currently looking at the Cooler master Box series as they seem to have a big open motherboard tray. I also saw a previous post on here where someone was able to install a SSI EEB board into one of these.

I was tempted to purchase a Cooler Master Box 5 however I noticed that the case was a bit too tall to fit into the space I have available. I am going to be placing this into a TV cabinet that only has 18" clearance n height.

The intention is for this machine to be a certification/ training lab for VMware, Oracle VM and windows certs using nested visualization. It will be a headless machine that I remote into, so aesthetics really aren’t that important at the moment. Based on this, I think I have found a valid option which is the DIYPC DIY-BG01 (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353121). It seems to fit my requirements and has a large open motherboard tray that looks like it can be modified to fit an SSI EEB board. Still looking but so far this seems to fit the bill.

that case seems surprisingly nice for 33$.

Looks like you can fit those boards space wise.
And the standoffs seem to be standard screwed in standoffs, which is great because you don’t need to take out some fixed or bolted standoffs.

Good Luck and Success building it ! :slight_smile:

Thanks man, I will try to post some pics of the install whenever I receive it. There were actually quite a bit of cases that could work around the 50US range but they were all in the 18" to 19" range which wouldn’t work for my application but for anyone else who is looking at going this route there are definitely options when going with regular “small” ATX cases.

1 Like