Level1Techs KVM 2PCs 2 Monitors -> enough for 2 3440x1440p high refresh rate screens?

Hello!, got a quieck question on this KVM that was hoping someone would either have experience with it or know more about the DP1.4 protocol to confirm/deny :P.

I have an Acer Predator X34 that’s 3440x1440@120. I’m about to get another ultrawide with the same resolution (Alienware QD-OLED) that I think has a 175 refresh rate and my idea is to use both with this KVM so I can switch back and forth between my gaming desktop and my work laptop.

Would this be capable of handling that resolution up to those refresh rates?. I know 3440x1440@120 is no issue because my current cheap-ish KVM can handle it perfectly but not sure about the 175hz.

Thanks!.

The Alienware had some bugs when it first launched but I think it now ships with a less bugged firmware and I have had reports of success.

Getting good cables will likely be important as the signal domain is one long corridor cable+KVm+cable

Wendell

1 Like

Awesome thanks!.

Yeah, was pretty much assuming the standard cables I’m using might not work but its great to have some confirmation.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.